Writing from Kurdistan. (not easy wıth this Turkish

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Writing from Kurdistan. (not easy wıth this Turkish

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Foulplay

Hi all,

I’m sitting in this internet cafe in Van, SE Turkey.
      I failed hopelessly with my endeavours to visit N Iraq because they closed the border the morning I arrived due to the problems with the Turkish guys who were arrested by the US military. Alternative was to pay USD1500 and go via Syria. I wasn’t happy to pay this.
      Instead I revisited some Kurdish villages I had photographed before and then travelled north to Doğubeyazit near the Iranian border, where I spent a couple of days with the Jelali nomads at 7000ft on the side of Mt. Ararat. It’s an incredıble story and I’ve taken over 500 photos but I regret to say I’m more inclined to try to sell this one to a magazine. Sorry guys. If I have the time I’ll write a seperate account for PBs.

Flying back home tomorrow, Inshalla.

Cheers all

FP.

Kurt
      Participant

Shit, I wish I would have mentioned where to find a Kurd in Istanbul (at a bar called Drink…near Cheers..accross from the Orient Youth Hostel). He showed me his papers from Virginia that authorised him for work with the US military in Kurdish Iraq.. I wonder if he would have had connections to get you in.

You would just have to say you knew “The American who was looking for Chechens” and your request would not have seemed so strange.

The Visa fee really sucks , huh?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.