What do you guys think of this?

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble What do you guys think of this?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been reading about it for about 6 years now–are these people for real? I’ve never met anyone else that’s ever read about it.

http://www.new-utopia.com/update.html

Kurt
      Participant

Sounds like a typical Offshore scam to me.

The guy who runs it once ratted out his investors during another thing he ran under a different name.

here is the link:
      http://patrifriedman.com/projects/independence/newutopia.html

spamhog

Thats my take on it, wants your money or your soul, likely both, constitutional monarchy eh? For those of you who don’t know who the revernd jim jones was, do a little research, he wanted to establish a “paradise” also, picked Guyanna, established a commune & got about 800 people to drink poison koolaide, round about 1980 or so.

Spamhog

ROB
      Keymaster

Danger Will Robinson!!

There are holes to be picked in almost every section of their story. If they had so much money to throw around, I would have thought they would get a better website. :?

Kristy

It’s posible that some nutcase is actually trying to do this, thoug it’s most likely a scam. But falacy or not, it raises some interesting questions. Is it really possible to build a floating island and declare it a real country/nation. How would other nation states react?

RAH

Spoke to someone who lived for a bit in the Caymans about it. Seemed to think it was all a big scam. And speaking of new countries, whatver happened to the Principality of Sealand, the British oil rig that some self-styled princes were battling over and planned to use as an Internet hideaway of some sort.

RAH

Anonymous

What would ‘a guy who used to live in the Caymans’ know about it? I’ve lived on several Carib islands and can’t offer any better opinion then anyone else. Sounds like a scam to me, anyways.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.