West Bank

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble West Bank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Just thought I would let you know that having had all of two weeks back in the UK from Sudan I am now based in Hebron in the West Bank/Palestine until early May. Very interesting so far seeing life from the Palestinian perspective; a lot of stuff happens here that never reaches the mainstream UK media. Will keep y’all posted.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Cheers WIA. Keep your head down old chap.

rickshaw92
      Participant

@Wild in Africa wrote:

Very interesting so far seeing life from the Palestinian perspective; a lot of stuff happens here that never reaches the mainstream UK media. Will keep y’all posted.

Ya mean stuff like the place bein taken over by immigrants from Eastern Europe and America and the indigenous population made to live like dogs whilst there land and resources are stolen from them? Or are they planning to build a Disney world?

ROB
      Keymaster

@rickshaw92 wrote:

@Wild in Africa wrote:

Very interesting so far seeing life from the Palestinian perspective; a lot of stuff happens here that never reaches the mainstream UK media. Will keep y’all posted.

Ya mean stuff like the place bein taken over by immigrants from Eastern Europe and America and the indigenous population made to live like dogs whilst there land and resources are stolen from them? Or are they planning to build a Disney world?

Jeesh Rickshaw? Got something to say there buddy? ;)

Yeah Rickshaw something very much like that but given you are probably sitting in a comfy armchair in suburban bliss while I am about 1 km away from the ‘front line’ between the Palestinians and Israeli settlers, I have to be rather discrete for the moment regarding what I post. I did get driven through a chunk of the West Bank yesterday (between Hebron and Jericho) and will say that I have never been in such a country before, where every few kilometres political and military control changes hands, and where the Israelis live in barricaded barbed wire settlements protected by military patrols and military checkpoints. and where the Palestinians are clearly regarded as vermin ( I won’t even say ‘second class citizens’ as citizenship is a luxury they have not been granted). This situation is entirely new to me and I have a lot to learn from my time here.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@Wild in Africa wrote:

you are probably sitting in a comfy armchair in suburban bliss.

It’s Saturday night, Rickshaw is more likely semi-conscious in a west end bar.

rickshaw92
      Participant

@Lee wrote:

@Wild in Africa wrote:

you are probably sitting in a comfy armchair in suburban bliss.

It’s Saturday night, Rickshaw is more likely semi-conscious in a west end bar.

Dont I wish. Im posting from Covent Garden, sat on the rickshaw seat, hardly comfy after 12hrs.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.