The Infamous Separation Barrier, Palestine, West Bank

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble The Infamous Separation Barrier, Palestine, West Bank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

A few shots of another reason why the Palestinians hate the Israelis

flipflop

I have a couple of chunks of the Berlin Wall. I was posted there in November 1989, just as it was torn apart by the locals. I was out on the piss with a couple of mates and we decided to go and get a look at it around the Brandenburg Gate, there were Turkish types there who were hiring out hammers and chisels for a few Deutschmarks. So we chipped off a few chunks and bagged them, I’ve still got them in the same little bag.

Not sure there’d be the same demand for bits of the West Bank Wall, but those paintings of Arafat reminded me of the Berlin equivalent

ROB
      Keymaster

I reckon in 50 years it will be just as valuable.

Thing about walls in human history – they all come down sooner or later.

Actually the art work on a lot of the Separation wall does make a lot of it very valuable. There’s even Banksie originals on the Wall in Bethlehem. Doesn’t stop the whole edifice being an abomination though.

Penta2
      Participant

Thanks Penta, good examples of what I was talking about. Worth looking at Bill Parry’s book on the art of the West Bank Wall, called ‘Against the Wall’, see this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Parry_(photojournalist)
      I met Bill Parry in the bar of the Jerusalem Hotel last December just after the book launch.

Penta2
      Participant

I’ve read about the book, but not seen it. Maybe I should get it? (Damn: just made my last Amazon order before I take off for the summer.)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.