Thanksgiving in the US

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Thanksgiving in the US

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

We are having it one day early here so SRR and NGrubeck can enjoy (hopefully) Turkey, Cranberry sauce, stuffing,and Rommegrot.

SRR and NGrubeck are out tshopping for a laptop right now.

I hope Jefe , RR3, and the rest have some decent food in Afghanistan and those in Iraq find some good dfood and good people to enjoy it with as well.

THose of us in Safer areas but have been to worse can easily appreciate the bounty that is supermarkets, gas stoves , clean water, and excellent plumbing.

A good holiday to those who celebrate it and to those of you who don’t .

Take care.

Anonymous

im supposed to have dinner with a group of friends tonight for the holiday. beyond that, my building is having a thanksgiving buffet and party. These are usually attended by lotsa phillipinas. Hopefully ill get a couple of kinds of leg.

Luke

There was so supposed to be some kind of dinner at the house but then our American housemate decided to up a couple of weeks ago and head down to south Chile travelling. Oh well, have a good one, all.

Interesting fact….the dinners are getting cheaper in real terms over the years. $14 since 1986:

http://divisionoflabour.com/archives/000333.php

Anonymous

I am a big fan of cheap, abundant food.

Interesting chart….What I often use as a guidline as to the powering of prices is the Kiwi Fruit in the US. When it was introduced in the midwest US in the early 1980’s I think it was $2 a fruit and now they are mostly 4 for $1 or less.

Now if only Manhattan apartments could somehow follow that pattern I would be rich.

Kurt spins a mean cranberry sauce, alcoholized of course…. and the turkey and rommegrut rocked too.

Having stayed up the entire evening complaining about Windows with those two my trip back here was a blur. But I’ll be out of here again on sunday for the second leg of my christmas shopping extravaganza.

Anyways, thanks Kurt.

Anonymous

It was great having you guys over.

Be sure to come visit again.

NGrubeck

Actually enjoyed the dinner so much that I’m desperately looking for an excuse to return ASAP…

Looks more like I’ll be brushing up on my Arabic next though…

Anonymous

where ya heading?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.