Thanks Rob

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Thanks Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Special message to Rob to say thanks for sponsoring me for my parachute jump. It was successfully completed last weekend; a tandem leap at 13,000 feet and then 40 seconds freefall before floating down back to the English countryside. My third jump but a big buzz once again.

Cheers mate. I’ve not been travelling much this year hence the paucity of postings. The recession has hit the aid business as well and we are strapped for cash for jolly jaunts. That may pick up later in the year though.

ROB
      Keymaster

You went through with it!?

lol – crazy bastard/

The GCF is hitting aid? You know I never really thought of that. Read an interesting article recently by the old editor of the economist talking about how in a developing economy, recovering from a downturn takes a lot longer due to the time:increased costs of maintaining infrastructure.

eg A road might take $5k/1km to maintain in year 1, but if you just leave it that same road will cost $25k to maintain in year two and something like $125 to maintain in year three.

Recovering therefore takes a lot longer cos invariably feeding people take precedence over maintain a road.

Therefore the long road back to square one is very long.

In short, they’re fucked.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.