Terror threats in Ecuador?

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Terror threats in Ecuador?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

So, Im working the Comm. Center here tonight, its about midnight, same time in the U.S. and I start getting calls from concerned wives and girlfreinds of guys working here that, CNN is broadcasting U.S. State Dept. travel advisories not to travel to Ecuador, that there are serious teooro threats, and is my hubby o.k..?

What the hell?? Anybody heard anything? Our CNN is out of freakin London

Kurt
      Participant

No I have not heard that. Sometimes Al Qaeda just says bizzarro shit maybe because all of their “talent” is either hiding in caves or dead.

When I was in Norway, suddenly Norway became a target. Lots of specualtion as to why but sometimes I think all Al Q can due right now is make a threat and make a great satan or lesser satan spend some cash (which we should do when there is a threat).

Jefe
      Participant

The terror threat from FARE is up and cross border activity from the FARC is also especially in the Oriente which has been trouble for some time.

As far as taking it to Quito, they have set off a couple of bombs in the past and will probably be acting up more in the future as they get deeper in the FARCs influence.

Also, there is a large arab population in Ecuador. One thing that AQ types are doing now is migrating to areas like this, gaining citizenship which is easy to do, then they can enter the US with a more neutral type passport than from a Middle Eastern country.

The FBI was looking at alleged AQ connections in Guayaquil last year although I never heard much about it.

The Tri Border area is one you don’t hear much about that I would think is on the hot list right now.

Venezuela is the one to watch hardest.

very informative. Well, it must have been something serious. You know I cant say much, but when the boat, which just arrived, emergency recalls everyone back on board and takes off it is something serious.

We were later told they recieved a very detailed bomb threat which they apparently took very seriously.

Funny our security guys have been very, very quite about this, but Im thinking its because they are all still off duty due to the Fouth of July being a holiday.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.