Subject: Inherent Risk International, Inc

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Subject: Inherent Risk International, Inc

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kramer

This was passed onto me:

Copied from a PMC list

[….]

This was written by a good guy in the SF Community.

Subject: Inherent Risk International, Inc

Just wanted to let you guys know the deal with that “great job” I was supposed to get a few months ago.

Not giving you a sob story, just don’t want you to fall into the same trap. A guy by the name of Yancy Buck from the San Diego area offered me a job as the Director of
      Operations for Inherent Risk International, Inc.

He said he was funded by overseas investors, trading groups, etc. He was planning on having the largest security company in the US/world. I was given a letter of employment and a contract stating I would receive 6 figures many times over with a butt load of bennies. He told me to go to Reno for the initial corporate meeting, which I did. After receiving repeated phone calls and emails promising I would receive pay due and expenses compensated for, I was stood up. The guy never showed and I got stuck with the travel expenses.

Lost about $2K, give or take. Now this guy is preying on other SF,CAG guys, and cops. Also hunting down Marines. I did some checking. First of all we checked
      with the bank that produced letters of credit showing Mr. Buck was worth $2.7 Billion. They were fraudulent. He had written a check to a Realtor in
      Reno for property we were going to purchase for a training complex. The check was for $50K. (earnest money)..NSF! His MBA from Berkley was a
      hoax, Inherent Risk International was not incorporated (although he produced contracts in the company’s name)…The list goes on and on. Currently
      he is being investigated by the Secret Service, EEOC, SEC, and the Attorney’s General of CA and NV. Stay clear of this jackass and pass the
      word.

I don’t want to see guys retire on false pretenses…like this jackass (me) did. Things turned out well.

spamhog

Will pass this along in certain circles. Never ceases to amaze me that clowns like this can operate among skiled professionals and rope ’em in.

Generally, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is, one of the first rules in security consulting, private investigation or security work of any kind is that you get a retainer up front if you never worked for these guys before, if they are unwilling to do that, shine ’em on. If they refuse to front funds for travel, at the same time talking about all this money they have and the fat juicy contracts, its a red flag.

Most Military/Police/LE are hosting retirement seminars for their “pending retirees” they talk about scams like this and how not to get caught up in one, guess the poor SF in this tale didn’t attend.

Spamhog

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.