Still haven’t surrendered???????????

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Still haven’t surrendered???????????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      spamhog

Just got back in the lovely fun & sun splashed republic last week, what should I see after deplaning but a buncha guys in WW2 Jap uniforms with the press all over ’em. Here’s what I Found out what was going on according to the media.

Veterans of the Japanese Imperial Army, many in their 80’s, landed in Manila recently saying they were here to investigate tales of yet more “holdouts”. It seems that in 1994, a former comrade of theirs, a frequent visitor to the Philippines, told of an entire company of former Imperial Army troops who escaped to the jungle, taking with them great stores of supplies, trucks and arms. They and their many decendants formed an isolated mountain community “somewhere near Antipolo”
      according to the source. (Antipolo is about 100 Mi south of Manila and a very mountainous region with thick jungles & few roads.

The source of this information recently died according to the JAI Veterans who stated that they were furnsihed with well defined maps and ways to contact the leader of the holdouts, a former captain now beleived to be aged 90. If located, the veterans group will attempt to coax thier former comrades to return to Japan for a heros reception.

Japanese WW2 holdouts were found through out the Pacific theater, the longest noted to date was the Celebrated Lt. Oneida who was persuaded to “surrender” by family, friends and former comrades after he was dicovered living a hermit like existance in an isolated Philippine jungle region in 1974.

Spamhog

ROB
      Keymaster

Good to see you are still alove spamhog.

Yeah – that was front page news here on the Jpan Times. Will be interesting to see what they turn up.

Jefe
      Participant

Good article!

Hope you are doing well chief. I intend to get down your way 3/4 thru next year. Things are good on this job and I hope to get a beer with you on R&R.

Jefe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.