read the gorilla article

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble read the gorilla article

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hansol

yes, its me hansol. I know some of you may be disappointed or such at me being here, but i have to say that the BFC is pissing me off, and that was why i came here.

Read the gorilla article; it was fabulous, as are all of the other articles on this page. Just wanted to say that after reading the post script about the gorillas hands and head being cut off and sold to the black market pissed me off a whole helluva lot.

i know its a stupid post, but i had to get the building anger out somehow.

ROB
      Keymaster

Welcome to PB. Everyone is welcome here, we just have a slightly higher expectation of our posters is all. :mrgreen: So far we haven’t had to delete even one idiot post.

Yeah – the postscript to the Lee Ridley story was pretty depressing. But I think that is one of the best stories he has given us so far. You can read more of his stories in the “TRavel Features” section of the site.

I guess the question is would you kill a gorilla to feed your own family? I am not really well read on the poaching issue, but I suspect it isn’t an easy problem to come to terms with.

Foulplay

When I read the news about Rugabo, it made me very sad. I couldn’t believe what I was reading, but it’s not a new thing. It’s been going on for ever.

Like Rob says, it gets the locals money to buy food with.
      Hopefully once the gorilllas are all extinct, perhaps the poachers will all die of starvation.
      As for the people that buy the trophys; words fail me.

I hope the postscript didn’t spoil the story too much.

Lee.

(Foul Play)

ROB
      Keymaster

I thought the post script was the best part (in a kinda devastating sort of way).

Kurt
      Participant

I can’t believe the “rich tourists” who would buy such a thing.

Oh yah and Welcome Hansol. Don’t know why you’d think we wouldn’t want you here, but hope you stick around.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.