• Author
      ROB
      Keymaster

Just in case any of you are on Twitter, I set up a PBs account:

http://twitter.com/rat_bastard

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Yeah, I joined that the other day.

Saw a message come through from someone shortly after, but haven’t been back since. Just can’t get my head round all this social networking stuff.

Need more hours in the day!

Stiv

@Lee wrote:

Yeah, I joined that the other day.

Saw a message come through from someone shortly after, but haven’t been back since. Just can’t get my head round all this social networking stuff.

Need more hours in the day!

I’m with you Lee I’m not quite sure I *get it* either, but I look to see what’s on it from time to time.

Best,
      Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

I didn’t get twitter at first, but now I am finding a lot of interesting folks there. It’s kind of like an internet forum on steroids and it’s pretty easy to find people who are into the same kind of stuff you are. The rat_bastard account has a lot of twitter contacts from the ngo, journo, mil, dangerous places type of field.

abubakr

Look for me at @brabakr I’m on there about 40 tweets a day. We (friends and followers) break the news and rebroadcast it. Live comments on the presidents speech and alternative news are rebroadcast with online news and blogs as source material in real time.

Pass along any information to me and I will help spread the word through my contacts and it will go viral in minutes if it is hot enough. Might want o give it another try. Tweets are like writing headlines, they don’t necessarily have to all be about dressing up the kitty cat.

Peace.

sburnham

My personal Twitter is @BurnhamScott and my Travel Related Twitter is @WorldTravelBums but lately there pretty much the same.

ROB
      Keymaster

Usually I find the links that people post interesting. It more or less is a human powered serach engine for interesting links for me.

sburnham

I must admit it took me awhile to figure out what twitter actually was. Now I love it! I spend way to much time on it. I find lots of useful info and (quite a bit not so useful info).

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I used to live in Burnham

Anonymous

Cool, I thought my last name had something to do with a town in England.

sburnham

Again , I forgot to log in before posting that last post, lol!!

ROB
      Keymaster

Yeah, but if people like Lee live there…..

Just sayin ;)

sburnham

LOL!! Maybe someday I will visit Burnham, I think the name breaks down to Burn=Homestead and Ham=Waterway, if I remember right.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Not sure about Burn, but many small towns in England end in “ham”, which is derived from “hamlet” – a small town or village.

You wouldn’t enjoy Burnham where I used to live. It’s rife with chavs. Went downhill when I moved away, I heard.

Rob, you say such hurtful things, If I ever get the chance, I swear I will piss in your coffee when your back is turned.

ROB
      Keymaster

Something tells me you won’t even be able to wait till my back is turned! ;)

Stiv

What’s really funny (and a bit of a PITA) is since I registered for the PB twitter thing I get all these things in my Hotmail saying “Pinochio Mountolivoil” is now following your tweets.

Yeah like I have anything to Tweet

~Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

Stiv

Thanks Rob, just shows you how far I’ve gotten with it all. :?

Best,
      Stiv

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.