On the road . . .

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble On the road . . .

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Kapa

Finally f***ing travelling again…. attempting the much trodden and cliched sub-hippie Athens to Cairo route, something I’ve been meaning to do for years. The Syrian visa and passport came through at the last minute so I’m good to go. Have only a couple of months funds so won’t have time to dawdle. Still gotta book flights out of Cairo but Emirates looks promising via Dubai and Bangkok to Auckland. Anyone have any other flight tips……. or other recommendations….? Cheers!

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

How do you feel about keepinig a diary and submitting regular updates for our “Those On The Road” section?

Go on… you know you want to!

Kapa

Could do, but then I wouldn’t want to bore you with the details :)
      I’ll see what eventuates over the next week or so and let you know if I have anything worthwhile to submit. Cheers

Stiv

Have a great time Kapa! Keep us posted buddy.

Best,
      Stiv

rickshaw92
      Participant

Try Gulf Air via Baharian. There good and cheap. Have fun on your trip. I would be jealous but I am off in a week or so myself :D :D :D

kilroy

cheers to that. let us know how it goes.

Jimbo
      Participant

Sounds like a great trip, have fun & be careful, if you find yourself in BKK with time to kill, gimme a shout, I should be there…

Kapa

Cheers folks. Just soaking up a bit of UV on my sun-starved skin on the Peloponese Peninsular. Athens has changed alot post Olympics, but is still as noisy, poluted ,dirty and fasinating as I remember.

The Acropolis is still a building site as it has been the last 3 millenia. Prices have rocketed since the Olympics and have just stayed that way. Blown my budget, but thats what visa cards are for.

Jimbo, intend to fly via BKK so the Singa’s are on me (If I’ve any coin left that is…) Later. . .

svizzerams

Kapa – sent a PM to you on the flag with a camera question if you have a chance to read it :-)

Thanks,
      Christy

warmhearts

I’ve been to Athens found it dusty and dull though!!! Although I travelled around Corfu too and watched the Dolphines that was nice… :lol:

Let us know more though might do that one day!!! :idea:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.