NZ Photos

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble NZ Photos

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      ROB
      Keymaster

A few snaps from NZ trip last week. As you can see I spent most of the time on the farm, but a few shots are from down at Rotorua.

DrDave
      Participant

Those are some awesome shots. Never been there, but that kind of beauty sure makes me want to visit.

Thanks for that

ROB
      Keymaster

Thanks Dave.

Yeah, it’s a pretty awesome sort of place. That farm in the pics has so much stuff to explore, I didn’t really want to leave it. It had plenty of wild dear, river flats, limestone cliffs, possum shooting, quadbiking, photography options galore, caving, hotsprings next door, settler ruins, rainforest – lots of fun. Been there twice and still haven’t seen the whole farm.

Stiv

Stunning stuff Rob!

Really well done!

Friends farm? Family farm? Farmers farm?

How’d you get hooked up with that? Just how big is it?

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Good light.

ROB
      Keymaster

Thanks Lee – the stuff I took in Rotorua was all taken at the wrong time of day so I didn’t get that many decent shots there. On the farm however, I was able to go out each afternoon after dinner so the light was a lot more friendly for photos.

Stiv – family member owns 500 acres about an hour south of Auckland.

ROB
      Keymaster

This is from the local beach – we caught two snapper and a trevally the day I took this one:

And these following ones are from my last trip. You can tell it was the wet season cos the grass is a lot greener than the most recent trip.

Great photos ROB. Including that last one, the self portrait. :lol:

ROB
      Keymaster

it was a bad hair day

Stiv

Not to be a jerk (though I know more often than not I am :cry: ) you have to watch that dodging tool Rob!

It’s making me crazy :P

Best,
      Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

no dodging tool used

what does a dodging tool do anyway?

ROB
      Keymaster

hmm – same as in a darkroom apparently.

makes sense now I think about it.

Stiv

@ROB wrote:

hmm – same as in a darkroom apparently.

makes sense now I think about it.

Ok Mea culpa it just looks like the tree has a halo around it…again really nice photos and light.

What can I say I get paid to critisize images on a technical level and generally speaking I never cease to do so.

Please don’t take it personally as I’m my own worst critic.

It’s become almost a maladaptive behavior :oops:

Best,
      Stiv

Lovely pictures ROB.

:D

ROB
      Keymaster

LS – thanks.

Stiv – Do you think I should use a burning tool to get rid of that halo? I noticed it to, but it certainly wasn’t put there on purpose.

Stiv

@ROB wrote:

LS – thanks.

Stiv – Do you think I should use a burning tool to get rid of that halo? I noticed it to, but it certainly wasn’t put there on purpose.

Yeah it’s weird, it’s always good practice to fiddle with this type of thing.

I’d lighten it a tad and then burn it a bit, and lower the contrast down just a skosh (dubious technical term :? )

If I have a moment I may play around with it.

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I’d leave it alone. You may have inadvertantly photographed the modern day burning bush! The picture before it has an eclisiastic quality, so y’know, I might be on to something.

:D

DrDave
      Participant

I think it was a ghost trying to tell you THAT was where he buried the treasure. Geez Rob, you dropped the ball.

ROB
      Keymaster

@DrDave wrote:

I think it was a ghost trying to tell you THAT was where he buried the treasure. Geez Rob, you dropped the ball.

Mate, that tree is actually in a ditch that is also used as the ditch where the carcass of every dead farm animal is thrown. Last time I looked it had three dead sheep, a goat and about 2000 possum carcasses all left to rot.

I guess that makes it the perfect place to bury treasure!

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I guess that explains the halo then!

Eeeuueeww!

DrDave
      Participant

That’s a lot of possum!

rickshaw92
      Participant

Great pics Rob, the cow one that was there yesterday would make a way cool avitar.

Kapa

Hey Rob, aint been to PBs for a while- but you’ve got some great pics of NZ. Where was that farm you were at, central NI? Next time you’ve heading over here drop me a line- im based in Wellington. Cheers

ROB
      Keymaster

Kapa – Good to see you still kicking!!

Yeah, that farm is just south of Auckland. I get over there a bit – maybe even again this year. If I get to Wellington, will drop you a PM for a beer!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.