Mustafa Hotel

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Mustafa Hotel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone know if the Mustafa Hotel in Kabul is still open?
      …..or have the changed their web-site and phone number?

flipflop

It’s still there, I’ve never been as it’s on our banned list.

MOI street is now like Fort Knox, after the two bombs targeting the Indian Embassy up the road, so it can’t be good for the Mustafa’s business. I’ll find out the number and get back to you.

Cheers.
      I endeared myself to them with maple syrup and a desire to have a room at the front of the building facing the street.

Plus with a mosque right across the road I get to hear some crazy-assed
      shouting at 3:30 am about ‘Prayer being better than sleep’……which it is not.
      ….but I met my first Talib there so I’m partial to that place as well for personal historical reasons.

flipflop

I’m sorry to report it has indeed closed down. It shut up shop a while ago, I guess the kebabing of the Indian Defence Attache, then another suicide car bomb in the same place less than a year later put it off the map. Shame. The building is still there with the hotel sign.

There are other “quirky” – as in not run by western arseholes after the war junkie/journo/poseur market.

Check out this place, made me laugh anyway, and great views out over the Salang Wat and TV Hill from their rather impressive restaurant. I got a rifle, 120 x 5.56mm rounds, flash-bangs and a 9mm with three mags past their “security”- on two separate occasions as well :roll:

http://wikimapia.org/11931228/CENTRAL-HOTEL-KABUL

Chimborazo

Damn shame…I hoped to stay there some day. Maybe by the time I actually get my ass to Afghanistan it will be open again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.