Matatu

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Matatu

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Spiro

Greetings people how are all? I am still in the land of the matatu, Kenya that is, am here enjoying myself and living with my future wife. We live in an apartment where when we get home at night the caretaker and security come out brandishing machetes for their own safety and ours. Taxi drivers won’t drive you there cause they are too afraid they might be carjacked. the only transport left are the matatus with there blaring hip hop music and some even have music videos. The place is swarming with Mungiki first they wore a dreadlock wearing tobacco snorting religious cult but now they are just another gang who many claim have political ties, and extort money from the matatus and other small businesess. The police walk around carrrying AK47s and have been told to shoot the Mungiki members on sight. The Mungiki don’t wear dreadlocks any more and look like any other Kenyan citizen. The average Kenyan citizen is not left out, any one who is called by the police and fails to stop and decide to flee will be shot also, so I am told, the police here have become judge jury and executioner. Anyway don’t let that stop you from coming to Kenya if you have a trip planned here cause the safaris are great and the people excellent.
      Next week am off to Uganda and Rwanda, am also trying to get some images up please be patient with me. Take care all
      Spiro :D

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Thanks for the update, Spiro.

Don’t test the theory on the police shooting those that run. It’s true.
      When I was there last, they shot a young boy, who was caught stealing and who tried to run. The boy’s accomplice didn’t run but the crowd got hold of him and were in the process of hanging him by the time the police intervened.

Who’d be a thief in Kenya?!

Look forward to the pics.

Cheers,

Lee.

Stiv

Cool looking forward to pictures and if you’re predisposed an article would be fab!

Best,
      Stiv

Spiro

Not to worry won’t test that theory but last week was stopped by the police here and they asked where I was staying and for my passport cause they wanted to see if it was legitimate, so I said to them sure let me go and get it from home and then me and the both of you can come with me to the Aus. consulate and they can verify it for you and am sure they will be able to clear up this misunderstanding, they looked at each said someting in Swahili and wished me a good stay in Kenya and walked off. Please people be patient will have the pics as soon as possible.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.