Lens

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Lens

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Orion

I bought myself a new lens, for a my Nikon D3000, Yes it was cheap, and it’s a Tamron, whether it matters if it’s a Tamron I don’t think so, but it was $350 AU, and I got it for $188, it’s the AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD macro 1:2. If any one knows anything about them let us know what you think, I’ll post some photos that I have taken with the lens as soon as I can. I am only an amateur so any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :D

ROB
      Keymaster

Why did you go Macro?

Orion

Apparently it does macro also, I may have made a mistake buying it but hopefully will learn from it and be able to get some good photos out of it.

ROB
      Keymaster

Naah, never a mistake to get more glass.

Get practicing your close up skills though.

4.5 is a little slow, but you should be able to get some ok stuff out of it. I know a few folks use macros in that focal length for portraits, but I have never tested it personally.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

The difference between a cheap make like Tamron, and more expensice glass, is factors such as chromatic aberration. In worst cases, you’ll get red fringes around your subjects. At best you’ll get an amount of vigneting, most obvious when you have a clear sky background, say.

Most of the time, it will never cause you any concern. It only matters if you’re getting involved in commercial photography, where quality is paramount.

Cheers.

Orion

Thanks all, now in the photo section I have placed some photos I took.

Kapa

This lens ait bad…. I’ve had a play with one. Good sharpness all round and better AF that previous model. CA can kick in some situations but easy to remove with PS or Lightroom. Tamron make some good shit and are underrated imho….

ROB
      Keymaster

Hey, if you want to see a really bad lens, check out Opteka

You can get an f8 800mm for like $100. Almost useless.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.