Khalampre

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Khalampre

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      khalampre

For some dumb reason I used me1234 when I first came here. I really did not know how much crossover there was between here and the BFC. I had really seen no reason to bother Rob about changing my name until the recent cluster over at the BFC. I think that I will hang out here a bit more now, so that is the reason for the name change.

CK

ROB
      Keymaster

what happened at the BFC?

I really only read a couple of the posters over there.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@ROB wrote:

Didn’t you notice, the inexorable slide into the mire that started some time ago, seems to have picked up speed.

I post a fraction of the amount I used to, now. Really can’t be bothered conversing with the numerous knuckleheads that are polluting the site.

Stiv

Nice to see you Khal.

Gents I think an approach I took about the flag (courtesy of SRR) was more of personal entertainment. A time murderer if you will.

I really just couldn’t care less about most of what goes on there as like most of us here actually have lives to live, whereas I think there the place takes on a life of it’s own for some. On the other hand one can every now and then meet some interesting folks and gleen some worthwhile information. In all fairness though as far as some posting boards I’ve seen more than 3/4 of the threads there would be locked much sooner at other boards, so it does have lots of merit in those regards.

As I’ve always felt and maintained about Polo’s is it’s a venue or vehicle for folks that want to take their experiences and make something else for others to enjoy. That alone makes this place a very unique site, and that credit lies also in the way the site is run :wink:

I think it is very entertaining to read some of the feature comments of late slagging the content etc. I mean we actually had a comment on the “worst of” 2005 like 2 weeks ago! :shock:

Best,
      Stiv

khalampre

I just am a little tired of the noise to information ratio there. Not to take anything away from RYP or Kurt, it is just that there are now PAGES of black guy rapes/kills white girl threads.

@Lee wrote:

@ROB wrote:

Didn’t you notice, the inexorable slide into the mire that started some time ago, seems to have picked up speed.

I post a fraction of the amount I used to, now. Really can’t be bothered conversing with the numerous knuckleheads that are polluting the site.

Agreed.There are some real morons on the flag now .With the likes of Immigrant,Phoenix and that moron Ronbo who are turning things into a circus.
      And James in the world is getting completly carried away with his stupid sex stories.

Tedious.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@lightstalker wrote:

[Tedious.

Amen

khalampre

I really did not mean to start bashing the flag. While I have never had any real contact with RYP, it is nice that he has that site. Kurt on the other hand is a stand up guy it seems, and I would gladly take him for a drink any day. I should have chosen my words more carefully before posting. That said, it is Saturday, I have nothing to do, so I think that I will go around town and take pictures of places I have been without a camera in the past. I wish that I had a good camera.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

No one is knocking the BFC, just the moronic wankers that are ruining it.

I think we’d all agree Kurt has done a great job, and without the flag, we would never have become acquainted with folks such as Coldharvest, Flipflop, Penta et al. Indeed a chance meeting at the BFC is what led to this site’s origin.

… But it only takes a few bad apples, and what is happening at the flag now is a distinct dumbing down because of arseholes like Ronbo and Phoenix etc. The regular folks are posting less and less, so the effect is the BFC has quickly developed a very different overall flavour.

nuff said.

ROB
      Keymaster

Yeah, i guess I know what you mean, but to be completely honest I scroll straight past 90% of the posters there.

In fact, of the names I actually look out for, 60% of them are actually posters here too. It’s really only the old timers that I read there.

As for the posts bagging our stories, it’s great!!! The new format means they don’t send all of these rubbish comments to my email box. ;)

The content we deal with is of the nature that not everyone is going to be happy with us. That is the nature of being on the very edge of “acceptable” and I for one, want to stay there.

If people weren’t getting upset with what we do, I would be bored with the site. It was built to challenge peoples’ preconceived notions about what acceptable travel is and where they get their information from.

The fact that we get hate means we are doing everything right.

Agitate, agitate, agitate.

DrDave
      Participant

I am like you Rob, I only read a few people’s posts and I think I miss some stuff as a result, but several of the wankers (I wanted to try a new word, thanks Lee) try my patience.

Rob, who would get mad at us for travel recommendations??? ;)

I also have to say I am always impressed by Kurt. He seems to be very balanced and does a great job.

ROB
      Keymaster

Well I guess any country we post on, it is with the assumption that there are some dangerous elements there, at least if you go looking.

That seems to offend certain people.

I usually expect some hate for any story we do on eastern europe or the balkans.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.