Just Quit My Job

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Just Quit My Job

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      ROB
      Keymaster

Free as a bird.

Might even get around to those PBs upgrades in the next few weeks. ;)

DrDave
      Participant

I hope that is a good thing. If it is…..sweet! If it ain’t good, GO GET A JOB!!!

Go out and play a little bit is my advice.

ROB
      Keymaster

Naah, gonna use the time to work on one or two other projects, Dave.

Unless some exceptionally good job comes up, I am gonna be doing some other stuff, at least for a while.

There’s also a certain boat I may help finish building…

DrDave
      Participant

I would love to see the updated pics of said boat. I am trying to figure out how to swing through Brisbane after hunting in Darwin next year. We still haven’t cemented the trip, but it looks like August sometime will be when it all comes together. The Mrs. is ticked off that she isn’t invited to go hunting so she is putting together her own trip to Mozambique during the same time we’ll be in Australia. She said if I get a trip, she gets a trip. This all adds up to one freakin’ expensive 2 week period for ‘ol dave. An extension to stay in Brisbane could pulverize a bank that will already be broken.

Stiv

Wow good luck Rob and congrats.

Did you quit because you were tired of it or simply want to move on?

Regardless I hope you’re far happier and can work on things you ultimately find more satisfying.

Heaven knows there isn’t a day (after almost 30 years here) I don’t think about a change of scenery.

Right now I’m just marking time until my youngest gets into college (two years) but even that seems like an excruciatingly long time.

Best,
      Steve

ROB
      Keymaster

Thanks Stiv – naah, just wasn’t much happening at my job so I decided to move on and maybe do a few other things. The irony of it is that on my first day of freedom, I spent a very stressful day with a potential business partner! :(

Dave – will see what I can do about the pics – probably heading up that way in a few weeks. Will drop you an email about some stuff soon too.

rickshaw92
      Participant

What do you do anyway?

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

He’s a clown.

rickshaw92
      Participant

That explains a lot :lol:

You quit? But who’s going to take my order at the drive-thru window now?

:lol: :lol:

ROB
      Keymaster

Don’t worry SRR, I am sure your burgers will taste a little less like snot now.

Rickshaw – I don’t do anything now! Until monday however I did geek stuff.

Stiv

@ROB wrote:

Free as a bird.

Might even get around to those PBs upgrades in the next few weeks. ;)

Rob,
      As you and I have discussed before having spare time is such a luxury. I could certainly use some for use on many small projects I’ve been putting off, especially written things.

Of course over a period of time you’ve mentioned what those upgrades entail but my feeble memory has failed me and I’ve forgotten what they are.

I’ll work on a note to you as I have more than a fair share of questions for you so I guess I better strike while the iron is hot.

I was also going to mention that any meeting with a future business partner that went as stressful for you as you implied, unless totally mind blowingly lucrative probably isn’t worth the hassle. Why go from the frying pan into the fire?

Maybe you should do what Flipflop did and take 6 months to navigate the globe. :)

Best,
      Steve

ROB
      Keymaster

Youy know at this point chucking a Fl;ipflop doesn’t sound like such a bad idea!

Will work on a few thing then maybe do that!

Stiv

@ROB wrote:

Youy know at this point chucking a Fl;ipflop doesn’t sound like such a bad idea!

Will work on a few thing then maybe do that!

Well Rob if you can swing the finances and your Significant other wants to join or doesn’t mind you taking off and doing something like that I know I’d do it without a second thought.

We aint getting any younger and knowing how uncertain this ride can be you may as well do it while you still can :)

Best,
      Stiv

Good for you dude – I am always happy to hear that someone is venturing out into the world full time

Now all you need to do is move overseas

~James

Spiro

Good on you now join me in Africa, I am in the land of the matatus and will be in Uganda and Rwanda very soon, hope to see you.

Stiv

@Spiro wrote:

Good on you now join me in Africa, I am in the land of the matatus and will be in Uganda and Rwanda very soon, hope to see you.

Hey Spiro indulge us with a few photos perhaps :wink:

~Stiv

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.