Jeff Shippy obituary R.I.P

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Jeff Shippy obituary R.I.P

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

This from Jeff’s brother Doug:

Shippy, Jeffrey R., 50 passed away on February 7, 2011, while on assigment in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. He graduated from Mesa High, Mesa, AZ, then joining the U.S. Air Force where he received training as a crash rescue fireman. Jeffrey pursued this career upon discharge from the Air Force, serving at military installations in the U.S., Saudi Arabia, Ecuador, Johnson Island in the Pacific, Iraq, Afghanistan (twice), and finally in Djibouti, Africa. He returned to Phoenix, AZ in 2009 and was employed by an international research firm as Vice President. He loved the outdoors including camping, fishing, hiking, and kept his whole family happy with his hobby of gourmet cooking, Jeff is survived by his wife Ikram and stepson Hanid with another son expected in March; sons Jeffrey Jr. and Sebastian of Manta, Ecuador; his father Robert Shippy and wife Pamela of Montrose, Colorado; mother Nancy Hazel of Mesa, AZ; brother Doug Shippy and wife Cheri plus two nieces Bethany and Hallie of Litchfield Park, AZ. Jeff loved people and new experiences and will be sorely missed by the many friends he made throughout the world. A Celebration of Life service is planned for February 25, 2011, at 2:00 P.M. to be held at Windstar Gardens located at 8625 West Olive Ave in Peoria, AZ. In lieu of flowers, donations will be accepted to assist his family at this very difficult time. A donation box will be available at the memorial service or donations may be sent online at http://www.paypal.com to paypal@sphost.com. Interment will follow at a later date at the National Memorial Cemetery of AZ.

R.I.P Jeff

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Here’s an article that Jeff wrote for us in our formative years.

https://polosbastards.com/artman/publish/kandahar.shtml

flipflop

A good bloke

R.I.P.

A shock and a huge shame. He was out there doing good stuff for people that needed it.

ROB
      Keymaster

He was definitely “out there” and “doing it” which is what it’s all about.

RIP.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.