Jefe comes to The Far east

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Jefe comes to The Far east

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      spamhog

Brace your self darlin’ & gimme another San Miguel!!!! He he he
      So I gather from a recent post you plan on visiting the Wonderful sun splashed republic and are intersted in “nighlife” and may be a little scuba ???

I would have to recommend Cebu. Definitely the best. Manila sucks and Angeles city is kinda nightlife only and not much to do, lots of X navy running bars up there.. From Cebu check into going to Bohol for diving. Ask at the Bohol Divers club on Pangalao island for the crazy frenchman who will take you on a dive at the hammer head breeding grounds….ask him if he remembers the american with a crossbow.

Anyhow, I’m probably gonna be in Kuala Lumpur later this summer, for a couple weeks….business, maybe R&R @ Bangkok. I may even slip over to Myanmar and if I’m feeling real adventurous (or stupid) I may try to track down the Colonel if the Thai’s will let me across the border.

Kurt
      Participant

When he comes here I got to get him drunk enough to go down to see the Mole People. I’m sure we could SCUBA in the East River too.

I gotta find Polinka or a decent Polinka substitute first though.

Anonymous

SpamHog:

That sounds good and if you can give me some tour guiding, I will buy the beers and a few dinners! Have to pass on diving at the Hammerhead breeding grounds though (I thought all the sailors had left? i.e. hammerheads…)

Kurt:

Don’t worry about Palinka. Palinka is the password at the Romanian checkpoints here though. They all flip out when I mention it and I am like a natioanal hero at some CPs that recognize me. They wave to the overwatch positions and start laughing and shouting Palinka! and wave me throough while the others all come out and wave.

Take care everyone!

Kurt
      Participant

They always offer alcohol to anyone but don’t assault you with it like Russians and Bulgarians do and the biggest culture shock of going there is how friendly everyone is and the fact that they see no difference between hot coffee and lukewarm coffee.

The soldiers I met there (thanks to Jefe) were damn fine people and I can see them making Iraq more pleasant.

I don’t know if I told you this Jefe, but our friend’s rock climbing training ground was right near where the movie Cold Mountain was filmed.

Always good to see a post from you so we know you are still in once piece.

Anonymous

Yes, they do help Iraq. Their equipment is shit, but their men are first rate and I like them alot.

I expect to go theere this year and am glad you had a good time with my buddies.

Take care,

Jefe

Kurt
      Participant

I want to go back there as well…..I gotta start searching for a freelance job this weekend to get some cash to use on the six weeks off I have this year.

If you go, see if the Maker’s Mark Bourbon I gave them is still in the fine china hutch.

One phrase you will hear alot with the food is “its all natural” meaning the pigs and chickens roam free, the veggies are from garders tended by old people, the wine is made right in the wine sellers store (as is the Polinka I sent you). I am guessing it will be a welcome change from the flys with sand type food you have been eating lately.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.