Jap fast food

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Jap fast food

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stiv

And although Mos Burger’s menu does offer conventional hamburgers it also features wholesome options in which the burger bun is replaced by lettuce leaves that act as wrappers or by warm and sticky rice cakes. A minced prawn burger in a rice cake sandwich, for example, costs Y700 (£3.60), while a chicken burger with salad is a shade cheaper at Y670 (£3.45). Drinks and desserts have a very Japanese flavour: the likes of green tea with sweet beans and chestnuts and green tea ice-cream shake. Meals are made to order, a slight sacrifice of time for a fresher, tastier product, they say. So which is more popular, McDonald’s or Mos Burger? After a short pause, one Tokyo resident simply told me that “McDonald’s is cheaper”.

My God is that place expensive!!!

It never fails to amaze me how much this stuff costs relativly speaking. The Chinese were gaga over KFC and McD’s. Xian had 28 KFC’s alone and one guide said he MUST take his son to McD’s twice a week.

$4-6US for a burger when you can eat a large local meal for $3-5US. Well maybe not Japan. Strangely I had not one craving for that stuff, suprised me a bit as in Asia I usually do.

Best,
      Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

Ahh Mosburger. I accidently ordered that rice burger shit once. It IS as bad as it sounds. I was pissed.

Stiv

I accidently ordered that rice burger shit once. It IS as bad as it sounds. I was pissed.

LOL yeah that did sound kinda gross. The lettuce leaf version didn’t exactly grab me either. I’ll eat almost anything but some of that Jap stuff is purely bizarre.

It’s the pricing that really amazes me. I really would like to see Japan but seeing prices like that just make it plummet down the list. Rob just how bad is it???

Best,
      Stiv

Mos Burger bloody rocks – totally ripped off from McDonald’s like they weren’t even trying. Great place.

My personal favourite for East Asian fast food would have to be Yoshinori’s. Saw one in Shanghai but had it first in Taiwan. I’m not sure how widespread they are.

Jefe
      Participant

I’ve always said that once we get in with McDs and Levis, they will become a US satellite state in no time!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.