In mates to live with wives and kids…real punishment

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble In mates to live with wives and kids…real punishment

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stiv

India inmates to live with wives
      By Faisal Mohammad Ali
      BBC News, Bhopal

The central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh says it plans to let well-behaved prisoners live with their wives and children in jail.

How about wife beaters, pedophiles and those who tried sutte??

Administrators hope the move might even inspire the state’s notorious bandits to surrender.

Yeah right!!

Population jump

The government is building 25 special two-room quarters in Hoshangabad, about 60 km (37 miles) from the capital, Bhopal, on an experimental basis.

These will accomodate about 10,000 by Indian standards.

Madhya Pradesh minister for jails, Dhal Singh Bisen, said he was aware the new move might inspire a population jump but added that the numbers were expected to be small.

By India standards this should be about 100,000 people.

India has only two jails – Sangmer and Durgapur in Rajasthan – where prisoners can currently share quarters with their family members.

We visited two eye hospitals in India and it was SOP that families camped out inside the hospitals and in many cases were camping out in tents on the grounds of the institution, with cooking fires and pet cows and all. What a wacky place.

Any tales?

Best,
      Stiv

rickshaw92
      Participant

We visited two eye hospitals in India and it was SOP that families camped out inside the hospitals and in many cases were camping out in tents on the grounds of the institution, with cooking fires and pet cows and all.

Thats comon all over the place

What a wacky place.

Wacky? I went to Calgary, Alberta last week to go to oil school. Anyway we were on a bar patio having a smoke when the wateress came and told us we were not allowed to smoke on the patio and had to go inside. :roll:

Jimbo
      Participant

If I’m not mistaken there are prisons in the Pilippines that let families stay their husbands/fathers who are convicts. Apparently the system runs fairly well. Also I believe that single male convicts are allowed visits from hookers…

kilroy

i wonder if it cuts back on the sexual violence in the prison system. it would be interesting to see some research on it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.