ho ho ho..

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble ho ho ho..

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meeerry fooking Christmas!!.

..oh whoops,sorry to sound religiously insensitive .I meant to say “all the best over the winter season”…

What do we all want for christmas then?..

ROB
      Keymaster

The camera in your avatar would be a nice start!

Stiv

An over priced GPS, a point and shoot digicam and stock dividends to pay for another trip abroad.

Oh yeah, also peace love and understanding. What’s so funny about that?

Best to all in the upcoming year,
      Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

The funny thing is, I have pretty much all the material things I want – I am pretty happy as long as I have a decent laptop, a reasonable DSLR and that’s about it really.

Couldn’t give a toss about TVs, cars, PS3s or whatever.

Now, I just need the time to enjoy my lack of stuff.

mikethehack
      Participant

Less gluttony and frantic consumerism would be nice. Just going around watching people loading themselves up to the eyeballs with debt just to hoard tonnes of irrelevant bric-a-brac in order to compete with the joneses makes me want to puke. You wouldn’t believe the BS people will tell just to try and get stuff on credit. Ask anyone in any big store.

I know a guy (some tragic office jockey non-entity) who insisted I must have a huge tv, stereo and the latest mobile phone, laptop and camera, as well as fancy, but useless clothes or else society would think I was ‘odd’ and possibly anti-social. Girls wouldn’t go for me and I would practically be ostracised as a consequence.

If it is all about acceptance, then no thanks. I can live without their acceptance.

People are buy stuff just to be liked and suck up to look cool and it is seen as a way of showing your love to all and sundry.

Christmas is the only time you get people panic shopping like a nuclear war was imminent and people are spending themselves all the way into desitution to buy stuff they will strut around with, only to discard by the second of january as they rush out to buy yet more junk in the sales because of the perception that it is cheap, which it isn’t if you are mortgaged up to the hilt in debt.

Even the pickpockets and other petty thieves are flat out going to town on people who are so overloaded with junk they dont realise they are being robbed.

I got a big book and I am going to hide from the madness.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I’m looking for a nice set of bagpipes.

(You think I’m joking?)

:D

ROB
      Keymaster

I think if PBs were an instrument, it would be the bagpipes

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Here they are…

Seems there’s only one or two sets left in the country though.
      Guess the Auld Lang Syne crowd are buying them all at the moment.

@ROB wrote:

I think if PBs were an instrument, it would be the bagpipes

Not a pooping xylophone or a bugle then?..or is that the BFC?.

What exaclty IS Christmas anyway?.
      For some,or perhaps most, its all about getting together with family blowing holes in your checkbook,eating as much as you can and getting totally comatosed on wine,whiskey and more than a few Brandys.Someone is bound to have an accident.And its usually when Uncle bob knocks his teeth out on the arm rest of his chair after having a few too many ports.Eventually you end up retiring to the sofa to watch the same old marathon of shite yuletide TV like the EastEnders doomfest, Mr Bean and that all time favorite “Annie” before passing out.
      Doesnt Christmas need a revamp?.

mikethehack
      Participant

@lightstalker wrote:

Doesnt Christmas need a revamp?.

Yes.
      I propose sending armoured units including tanks and airstrikes down Oxford Street, all guns blazing (I get wet just thinking about A-10s roaring over Bond Street), with fashion victims being the priority target (you can’t miss ’em), so that by the end of the day, the only people left alive is that scouser christian guy, the ‘be a winner, not a sinner’ lad and the other couple who do something similar with no-one around to listen to them. Babes would be spared because I am a humanitarian.

Bah! Humbug.

rickshaw92
      Participant

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.