Hey Spamhog

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Hey Spamhog

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kurt
      Participant

I just spent an hour with some online security geek friends of mine picking apart info from one of those E-Bay fraud sites (the ones where you click on a link to a phoney website that asks for your user name, password, DOB, CC info etc.) The Fraudsters must have been monitoring it and took down all the info before we could get all the details. It was pretty simple stuff but the genius of it was that if someone was suspicious and went to the main index, there was a script there that created a program that went to download another program from the site..presumably a trojan that would set up a persons PC as the next fraud site (they shut it down before I could get the program safely onto my computer and see what it was). But it was based in South Korea.
      Got me thinking that with your line of work, maybe you want to send the folks at E-Bay a friendly letter offering your services in case something like that happens in the Philipines.

Just a thought..

spamhog

Computer security is a little out of my line, I usually refer cleints who want that to a few of the local “wire heads” whom you can trust well kinda… there are sooooooo many hackers here in the PI and soooooo many computer fraud deals (like the ones you outlined) ya need a score card to keep up. Also, there are VERY FEW PC’s here, mostly these guys go to internaet Cafe’s and do the deed, its harder to trace ’em like that.

Spamhog

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.