Happy New Year you bastards

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Happy New Year you bastards

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      flipflop

My Christmas has been shit. Drunk until 11pm in the work bar then had to go home. Chinned half a bottle of Glenfiddich in my room and passed out at 5am.

Missed xmas dinner at work (which cost me $25 to fucking book), as I woke up in a state at 1230 and dinner was at 1pm. Ate lamb chops and pasta alone while watching her Maj on the satellite TV, that was playing up, feeling ill all day. Found out that we are all banned from drinking as some of the lads misbehaved on Xmas Eve. So no drinking on NYE on pain of death etc.

Fucking wank Chrimbo – worst ever. All I’ve got to look forward to is the football today (Albion v Orient) on the internet, and going home in 27 days

I hope you all have a bastard new year in 2010

Cheers! :twisted:

DrDave
      Participant

Cheers back at ya. Try to make the most of it…even if they make you put the fun up.

Our New Year’s eve will last about 36 hours as we jump back across the pond and the international dateline on the way back to the States. Not much partying going on at 37000 feet

flipflop

Nice one Doc, make sure you have a good one when you do eventually land – this will hopefully be my last one away from home, but I wouldn’t bet on it!

We drew 0-0 in the football, my xmas gloom just got gloomier :roll:

ROB
      Keymaster

KL is actually looking like it might be an ok place for NYE!

Partay!

Sorry to hear about your football team. I once took Orient all the way to the premier league title in a football management sim, so don’t feel too bad – they are obviously an awesome team under the right manager! ;)

vagabond22

Happy New Year’s everyone. Hopefully the new decade will turn out a bit better.

DrDave, hope the security folks are kind to you and not too much probing on the way back.

Well damn Flip, nice to know some of you are drinking as much as I am! Got put up front on the flight from VanCanistan to HongKong and was completely trashed for the 13 hour flight and then some. Spent last night wandering around Hong Kong in a daze and in spite of downing a half dozen Pocari Sweats still went to bed plastered.

Managed to grab a flight west and am passing time in Kunming without a visa and a polite request by customs to not leave the airport. Planning on celebrating the birth of the 2nd decade of the 21st century in Kathmandu. If anyone’s got decent recommendations for that town lemme know.

ROB
      Keymaster

You come all this way and you don’t even do the common courtesy of stopping by KL for a quick beer! :roll:

flipflop

@SRR wrote:

Well damn Flip, nice to know some of you are drinking as much as I am! Got put up front on the flight from VanCanistan to HongKong and was completely trashed for the 13 hour flight and then some. Spent last night wandering around Hong Kong in a daze and in spite of downing a half dozen Pocari Sweats still went to bed plastered.

Good effort mate, good to see you’re spending your royalties in the tradition of all great writers.

I will not be having a drink again until the 22nd January, where I am going to lock myself in my local back home and drink the place fucking dry

Happy New Year!!

@ROB wrote:

You come all this way and you don’t even do the common courtesy of stopping by KL for a quick beer! :roll:

Yeah, sadly the only really cheap flight went through Kunming of all places!

It’s new year’s eve here and not a whole lot going on. Will wander around to find a decent bar at 10pm but if that doesn’t happen maybe it’ll just be me, a cigar, and my bottle of rum on the rooftop of this hotel. Off to the mountains for a few days tomorrow.

_JohnnyF_

I trolled this place the first time a while back when ROB was still posting at “The Other Place” and then earlier today FF gave me the link to his new photo thread.

I must say this place is pretty cool and at least the photo threads made think whether I choose the right new year’s resolutions. great job guys!

Hope I’ll be adding some valuable contribution to this place. All the best for the new year!!!

Johnny Fishfinger

flipflop

Welcome aboard mate

Happy New Year

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Hiya chap… Happy new year and welcome.

Gyppo

HappY New Year.

My new years resolution is to Drink More and Stab someone over something trivial

~JITW

ROB
      Keymaster

Wow james, that’s really sweet.

flipflop

Trivial stabbings are the most fun

“Did you just spill my pint?”

“Yeah, so what?”

(produces knife and shivs drink-spiller) “I think you ought to get to the bar and get me another one in, don’t you?”

“…..yeah, ok…..just let me apply some pressure on this arterial haemorrhaging for a second or two, then I’m right on it” :wink:

Stiv

Happy (belated) New Year amigos!

Best,
      Stiv

rickshaw92
      Participant

@_JohnnyF_ wrote:

I must say this place is pretty cool and at least the photo threads made think whether I choose the right new year’s resolutions. great job guys!

Johnny Fishfinger

This is where flaggers that actually travel come to for a bit of sanity.

Jimbo and I bought out Mae Sariang’s complete stock of whiskey and rockets, then drank and blew shit up until I ended up in some fat Spanish broad’s hotel room. Best/Worst NYE ever.

flipflop

@Ultra Swain wrote:

Jimbo and I bought out Mae Sariang’s complete stock of whiskey and rockets, then drank and blew shit up until I ended up in some fat Spanish broad’s hotel room. Best/Worst NYE ever.

Uh-huh, ok – more detail on the Senorita’s room if you please. Did monies change hands?

@flipflop wrote:

@Ultra Swain wrote:

Uh-huh, ok – more detail on the Senorita’s room if you please. Did monies change hands?

I made a fiver!

flipflop

Jesus! She must have been rough!

My new year will improve by 1000% if the FA Cup fourth round draw (1815hrs GMT today) gives the Albion an awayday against Manchester United or Chelsea on the 23rd January.

That would be a very sweet late Christmas present, yessir

@flipflop wrote:

“Yeah, so what?”

(produces knife and shivs drink-spiller) “I think you ought to get to the bar and get me another one in, don’t you?”

“…..yeah, ok…..just let me apply some pressure on this arterial haemorrhaging for a second or two, then I’m right on it” :wink:

Not Trivial enough for me – More like stabbing someone on the subway because you don’t like they scratch their head

~JITW

@jamesintheworld wrote:

@flipflop wrote:

“Yeah, so what?”

Not Trivial enough for me – More like stabbing someone on the subway because you don’t like they scratch their head

~JITW

I have a stepladder you can use if want to stab them above the knee.

flipflop

Fucking Aston Villa away!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=720119&cc=5739

Those Brummie bastards won’t know what’s hit them on Saturday 23rd. Definitely “going where I ain’t supposed to”

SEAGULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS

Now then, a lovely Shocker from the Magpies today.

flipflop

Yeah, who’d be a Plymouth fan? Every away trip is a monster trek. The Geordies were my team of choice if we didn’t draw a Premiershit team, but Villa away and their 50K stadium will do very nicely!!

happy new years y’all.

i just got home from a couple of weeks’ road trip through the desert SW, visited route 66, roswell, NM, amarillo TX and a million towns no one has ever heard of. good times :)

flipflop

@marie-angelique wrote:

happy new years y’all.

i just got home from a couple of weeks’ road trip through the desert SW, visited route 66, roswell, NM, amarillo TX and a million towns no one has ever heard of. good times :)

It’s M-A!

Any pics of that journey?

i took loads, gimme a few days and i’ll put some up. it was a tour of americana kitsch, alien sightings, deserts and national parks. :)

flipflop

Americana rocks (pun intended). I spent a large part of my Art degree course being influenced by Americana and the art of Warhol, Hockney and even William Burroughs. Deserts – can’t get enough of them.

Be sure to start a thread in the new all-singing, all-dancing PBs photographie forum :wink:

will do :)

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.