Guatemala and Belize

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Guatemala and Belize

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Stiv

Gentlemen, I’ll be there, estrogen unit in tow, any recomendations, or suggestions from the lot of you as to what “to do”, and to “not do”?

(He queried, knowing perfectly well he was setting himself up for various forms of abuse :P )

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Stiv,

I went through that region a few years ago. How long will you have?

I’d recommend –

Guatemala:
      El Peten – (Finca Ixobel at Poptun, and Tikal)
      Guatemala City, if only to say you survived it (though you missus will most likely hate it)
      Antigua Guatemala in the west. (She’ll love that part).
      Boat trip down the Rio Dulce, across Lago De Izabal and as far as Livingston if you have the time.

Belize:
      Go diving in the Cayes. Caye Caulker is good, and I thoroughly recommend the Blue Hole! (I’m assuming you have your diving quals)
      A night in San Ignacio was a night to remember, if I recall correctly. Noisy, tense, grubby and uncomfortable.

Go Stiv!

rickshaw92
      Participant

Antigua is really nice, hippies izzies and booger king aside. Panamachael is nice too, izzies and hippies aside. Coban is way cool too. Good food in Guat.

Stiv

@Lee wrote:

Stiv,

I went through that region a few years ago. How long will you have?

I’d recommend –

Guatemala:
      El Peten – (Finca Ixobel at Poptun, and Tikal)
      Guatemala City, if only to say you survived it (though you missus will most likely hate it)
      Antigua Guatemala in the west. (She’ll love that part).
      Boat trip down the Rio Dulce, across Lago De Izabal and as far as Livingston if you have the time.

Belize:
      Go diving in the Cayes. Caye Caulker is good, and I thoroughly recommend the Blue Hole! (I’m assuming you have your diving quals)
      A night in San Ignacio was a night to remember, if I recall correctly. Noisy, tense, grubby and uncomfortable.

Go Stiv!

Thanks Lee. We’ll be there 10 nights or so and it looks like some of what you recommended is on the docket.

Tikal was the main draw for me and part of the plan will be Antigua and Lake Atitlan with some hiking and boating around those parts. Another stop is Flores.

In Belize I plan to hopefully fish for Permit and while I’d LOVE to do something in the Blue hole, I’ll be diving at least once or twice from Ambergris caye while she soaks up the sun on the beach.
      Thanks,
      Best,
      Stiv

DrDave
      Participant

I concur with Caye Caulker. It has been quite some time since I was there, but I remember thinking if that view were the last thing I ever saw on this earth, it would be OK. Beautiful.

I stayed in the YMCA in BZE city (at least I think it was a YMCA). The only good thing about it was when there was a wedding in the building and the bride invited us to the party since we couldn’t sleep through the noise. One Reggae and rum experience I will never forget.

@Stiv wrote:

Gentlemen, I’ll be there, estrogen unit in tow, any recomendations, or suggestions from the lot of you as to what “to do”, and to “not do”?

Hahahahaahaaa….

You so funny

~JITW

Stiv

@jamesintheworld wrote:

@Stiv wrote:

Hahahahaahaaa….

You so funny

~JITW

Yeah funny like a trainwreck :wink:

Where you been homey?
      Staying out of trouble I hope!

Best,
      Stiv

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.