Greetings you Bastards….

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Greetings you Bastards….

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings from the other side of the tracks. Thought I would swing by for a visit and lo and behold what did I find?

Normal fucking people.

BFC is starting to wear me down and thin sometimes. Hope you dont hold
      that moderator crap against me…..

would be nice to hang with some normal bros again.

Anyway, greetings from Ecuador, nice to be home see the kid and wife
      but one hellu bad trip. Fuckin sick like you wouldnt believe.

I have to travel to Afghanistan in two days and not sure
      Im really up to the journey right now. Aside from having some kind of amoebic parasite and blood poisoning, I have some weird
      respiratory infection. Sucks being sick.

Maybe the Taskent Docs can patch me up? Probably fuckin Medevac
      me to Frankfurt when they see my sorry ass….. :(

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Hey RR3,

Welcome to the dark side.
      We’re nowhere near as busy over here, but then again, there’s a total absence of angry people.

Hope you make it out to Tashkent and on into Afghanistan ok. Seems to be an abundance of Flaggers and Bastards out there at present.

Let us know how you get on.

Lee
      (Foulplay)

well, just a slight reprieve from the far left liberal self righteous bastard attacks at the BFC would be a welcome enough relief for now
      Lee, thanks. Charlie Med will decide the rest for me when I return….

I always considered you Bastards running out on us over at the
      BFC slightly yella, but then again since this is just a forum I guess I could find room in my heart to forgive ya`ll. In fact now thats its only gotten worse over there, I understand more than ever, and promise to never openly assault PB`ers again. hehe…. except maybe Jefe

In fact quite the contrary, I offer a peace settlement. Digital camera now in hand I once again promise Rob an article
      for the site. Yes, my bad Rob I never made it back down to
      Montenitas, so you`ll have to settle for a story and pics from
      Kandahar. Ill try to make it a good one since I nicked you on
      the last one.

Just promise me no mainstream press and you got yourself
      a deal. RYP told me he wants to make me famous. I told him
      I dont want to be famous. Best for me….

see ya in the badlands….

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@realrescue3 wrote:

I always considered you Bastards running out on us over at the BFC slightly yella

I still post as much at the BFC as I do here. Rob, I would say, more so. Who ran out on the place?

All we do here, that we don’t do at the flag, is publish tales of derring do and sit reps from people who are “in-country”, including nice pictures wherever possible.
      If comebackalive had offered that service, it’s possible that PBs would never have been conceived.
      Our forum is just a by-product.

Me? Yella? Hmmphh! :mrgreen:

All we do here, that we don’t do at the flag, is publish tales of derring do and sit reps from people who are “in-country”, including nice pictures wherever possible.

Lee, where have you been? Over at the BFC you’re more than welcome to post your stories of being ‘in country’ but expect to get dumped on, mocked, and told you’re full of shit by the armchair generals.

See? There’s no ned for PBs!

:lol:

jonas

Hey RR3…easy on the left buddy…there is plenty of right wing crap over there as well. Sorry to hear you are suffering from ills. Get well soon and stay safe.

J

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Nearly everywhere I’ve been, I’ve written about and published here.

You may remember the days of old at the former BFC… I started a thread a couple of years back, which involved people contributing their tales.

It worked well for a while but was eventually drowned out by the likes of Allen, Designed and Know Islam, exactly as you describe.

Ahhhh, them were the days. :roll:

C, mon Lee, Please dont insult me. This place has the best of the best of the former BFC, you know it and I know it.

Someday over beers with the Polosbastards I`ll tell you how I
      happenstanced into moderation at the BFC. I know Im not the most
      qualified or best for the job and in the interest of the BFC I would
      be happy to entertain anyone else who think they could do a better
      job at it.

Really. My ego does not precede me as some here may think…

Quite a few names come to mind as the BFC has evolved into something I never thought it would. Rob is a fuckin excellent moderator.
      Not to many around quite as diplomatic and impartial as Rob
      and know how to keep a good topic flowing as the master Rob. I bow to him.

Dim is another one, even being the fuckin leftist do-gooder he is seems another good candidate, because he is intelligent and analytical.

Hey, I only say this in RYP`s and the Flag`s interest… you gotta keep up with the times and Im startin to feel like a Dinasaour there. Maybe I am, and it would better serve RYP`s interest to have a more ” with the times” moderator.

Dont you or anyboby here fuckin say, oh sorry RR3, fuck that…

like your motto says, if you cant say it to my face, dont say it….

remember that, and Ill see you when I see you … hope to and, any of you….

Anonymous

If they give you shit for being a moderator , then they’d have to give me the chair.

PB Posts: Greetings from Colombia, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Iraq, Haiti and Jordan!

BFC Post: Greetings from my Mom’s basement, Wal-Mart’s Internet cafe and Starbucks!

No offense against RYP; he happens to be a friend of mine but I wish he would be a little harsher with the NUKE button over there.

Hey to all and alot of good writing on the site lately. If only the Col. would post.

Kurt
      Participant

That’d be me with the Nuke button.

But RYP told me the only “no’s” were to be :

No FUG

No Bible Spammer.

Also if I banned all that needed banning there, they would come over here and whine about it.

But I am going to “split” the forum, when I figure out what is wrong with the database ..It wont allow me to split it.

I was going to move all the posts over to one called The Arm Chair Cafe that needed it ..let them whine and move the posts over anyway.

The “Problem” with the BFC and other boards I have moderated is that their success is the thing that brings about their mediocrity as well. I think for travel boards, the best thing is a “scorched earth” policy…as soon as the flood of idiots come, then burn it and leave and make another. PB has that flexibility but comebackalive.com does not.

ROB
      Keymaster

RR3 – look forward to your stuff man, and thanks for the compliment.

The BFC certainly goes through its ups and downs, but overall I still think it’s one of the best places to get up to date info on some pretty odd destinations. I don’t mind listening to analysis of politics from the people there who actually travel cos politics directly affects the safety and situation in many of the countries – it’s just when people treat it as a soap box that it gets a little irritating.

However, I also like that here at PBs if you ask a question about a place you will get a straight forward answer and if people don;t know then they just remain silent (instead of posting the latest Guardian article). I think the quality here is top notch. As Kurt says, this may be ruined by a bit of mainstream press coverage (which we seem to be getting lately) bringing in idiots, but we will tackle that when we get to it. PB’s biggest advantage IMHO is that it is not a commercial site therefore doesn’t have to pander to the needs of people who might buy our books or get offended by something we say. We don’t give a shit. Pelton sells books, so he has to (to a degree).

PBs is simply a place to place a story and pics where it might get noticed as a little more than a message board post. How anyone saw it as a “rival” to comebackalive I will never know, cos we don’t fucking sell anything!?! I like what we have here, but it is still just a small site with a small, but dedicated group of enthusiasts – just the way we like it.

Anonymous

realrescue3 wrote:
      I always considered you Bastards running out on us over at the BFC slightly yella

No problem. i always consider you bfcers a bunch of rear echelon pukes trying to act like players. any of those who did actually travel to some place with any element of danger act like drama queens. fraudulent poser comes to mind for more than one.

as for leaving bfc, its because there are no legit people there. ryp must simply have to tolerate his basement dwelling fans! lol

Anonymous

Shit 2R3 sorry to hear your still sick. I can relate, have had malaria twice. Not fun. The first time was in Kenya, dictator Moi had just won the um, uh, election and shut the country down for 4 days. Shit! Nowhere to get a cheque cashed to pay the doctor! Suffer I did at the backpackers, the one next to the matatu stand, no sleep for me! Oh well 2R3, these things build character!

As for the flag, I still like the flag, lotsa cool folks over there, and besides, FUG is good for a laugh. Remember all the farce and folly over the banning of Arabic in public places? The freedumb gourds? Ahh those were the days :D

Ya, rickshaw I remeber you always liked the drama there,
      I remember quite a few used to enjoy the FUG wars…

o.k. Jefe ya got me, but lighten up man it was a jab joke…
      of course theres lots of REMF`s there, its the BFC
      not SpecWar.com

as far as posers go, I dont accuse or judge, when someone
      tells me they are this or that I take it with a grain of salt…
      but I do agree with you of course, anyone saying they are
      this and that when they are obviously not , should get
      a black eye.

Believe it or not there are a few real operators at the BFC who
      rarely,…. if ever post. I know because I know who some of them are
      and they dont frequent the BFC for Iraqi security guard sitreps
      or CT training classes, but do enjoy the rare travel related stuff
      and the fray.

as far as RYP being a wanna be and me being a poser
      yes I remember your saying that. I didnt appreciate it then and I still dont.
      Accusing me in public then apologizing to me in private was
      in my opinion a little less than the stand up guy that I think and have heard that you are. Anyway, thats how I remember it, correct me or apologizes
      if Im wrong.

of course after that I had a little less respect for you
      and did bait you with some BS(originally a dummy resume) and your reaction was what I thought it would be…and here we are. For that I will apologize Jefe, that was wrong of me to do so I guess in
      the end I did have it coming.

I didnt come here to fight or argue over questionable people
      at the BFC Jefe, but am here to kind of get away
      from them.

As far as RYPs fans go, hey Im sure he laughs every time
      he goes to the bank.

Anonymous

the biggest problem there is that you lost the ability for the anonymous post. follow the reasoning here- you slam dipshits with a one liner, you have a legit question to post and do, you don’t get flooded with a million dumbass attacks. You get both your yucks and info. Pure and simple, if you use the board for both entertainment and as an info resource you did not have an info request thread sunk by someone who wants payback. Plus, i like making fun of people and that place is a gold mine for it. In all honesty, the old KI posts were so laughably absurd and designed to upset the sensitive they were hilarious. I would love to see that guy back there. As of late, i haven’t seen anything of interest there. Everyone who i corespond with and enjoy seeing post moved over here.

otherwise, ive got no problem with anybody here. everybody here has a good sense of humor and contributes. Were all just a misfit collection of wanders. Look at the current roster of regular posters and no more than 2 are in any one country. good to see everybody.

now if yall will excuse me, it’s back to my iftar. I haven’t had anything for 2 or 3 hours and im famished. where the fucks the bacon?

nick

Hey, have fun in A’stan RR3. You know I need an article as well;)

The BFC is wierd lately. A lot of bull shit if you know what I mean. Still however there are some good posts and I have a feeling that the real travellers there aren’t the loud mouths or arm-chair travellers that flood the forum with useless banter and their ‘analysis’ on the current situation in war zones.

Jefe
      Participant

FAKERESCUE WROTE:

as far as posers go, I dont accuse or judge, when someone
      tells me they are this or that I take it with a grain of salt…
      but I do agree with you of course, anyone saying they are
      this and that when they are obviously not , should get
      a black eye.

of course after that I had a little less respect for you
      and did bait you with some BS(originally a dummy resume) and your reaction was what I thought it would be…and here we are. For that I will apologize Jefe, that was wrong of me to do so I guess in
      the end I did have it coming.

JEFE WRITES:

Yep, you dont judge because you are guilty as sin and you know it while other members of this forum may not. So take your black eye because you are a frauld REMF.

You posed as a pararescue operator then as a complete fucking idiot sent me a resume about your classifed DD214 and how you were a secret agent. Then it went to “I was never an official agent” but….

you are a fucking idiot and I wish I had saved you emails and resume to post. I did forward it to people on this site who really are pro’s and can attest to it.

Baiting me my ass. You are a fraud/poser and a REMF who fools idiots like those at the BFC.

You are the last type of asshole we need here.

Stay with Dyncorp maintainence. Its where you belong.

FYI: I could care less if somebody served in the 29th Mess Kit Repair Detachment as long as they did it to the best of their ability. In fact, I hold them no different less/worse than anybody.

For liars, frauds and posers like you, I have nothing but contempt and thats exactly what you are; a fireman whos looking to start a fire to save the day in front of everyone.

Cops know your type.

But hey, Secret Agent, come get me (“I know more about you than you think…) Thats what you said right? You are a dumb fuck amatuer trying to play with the older kids.

Go moderate your own type at BFC.

your severly wigged out dude…..

As per the request of one of the moderators of this board, Im not going to
      get into a flame war with you Jefe, and mainly because its not necessary.

Anyone who has known me the last few years at the BFC knows quite
      a bit about the jobs I have worked and where I have worked. Especially those that pay attention. I will also say I have never mis-represented myself as you so claim, that is B.S..

as far as REMF`s go I have as much respect for them as I would
      someone on the front lines, because both jobs can be equally tough
      and for you to minimize someone in that capacity…well, I think it says alot about you.

so have another beer Jefe, but please keep your drunken
      flame posts, as in the past, to minimum at the BFC.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

OK, I hate to do it, but this subject is now locked.

Please feel free to continue this discussion via private messaging if you wish.

Kind regards,
      Lee.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Greetings you Bastards….’ is closed to new replies.