Gaza December 2010

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Gaza December 2010

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Was into Gaza for a few days last December. Pretty bloody awful place to live; the World’s largest open prison’ closest to hell on earth for the poor bastards who live there

ROB
      Keymaster

Good stuff.

You got any more?

Yeah sure Rob, but the site only lets me load three photos at a time (after I’ve faffed around a while and compressed them). Don’t want to monopolise the site though with all my hazardous holiday snaps.

Penta

Don’t want to monopolise the site

Oh, come on. We’ve been waiting a long time for them (and the text). ;)

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Bloody hell, Penta’s back!

Hey Honey. How’re ya doing?

ROB
      Keymaster

@Wild in Africa wrote:

Yeah sure Rob, but the site only lets me load three photos at a time (after I’ve faffed around a while and compressed them). Don’t want to monopolise the site though with all my hazardous holiday snaps.

Monopolise away – photo collections on this site have repeatedly proven themselves to be among the most popular things that people want to see here.

I will see if I can change the settings to allow you to upload more than 3.

ROB
      Keymaster

Have updated it to 30 attachments (but actually doing that many might cause problem so probably keep it to 10ish per post unless you’re on a really fast connection??)

Penta2
      Participant

@Lee wrote:

Bloody hell, Penta’s back!

Hey Honey. How’re ya doing?

Never went away, Lee. I just don’t post very often. But I’ve been looking forward to WildinAfrica’s photos and reports from Gaza.

And in the last couple of days I couldn’t log in when I tried. Hence new identity.

I’m very well, thank you. How are you, hombre?

While my photos keep you amused I have been working up some ideas for articles. It’s been a combinaiton of being incredibly busy, a bit lazy and having too much to write about that has delayed me so far. I think I will break the stories down into 2 or 3 separate articles rather than try and cram a lot of stories into one article. A bit more time perhaps over Easter for me to work on this and my next visit to WB/Gaza not planned until end of May or June, security permitting, so maybe will get round to this now.

Penta2
      Participant

Oh, good. I’ll look forward to seeing it/them soon, then.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Penta,

Would you like me to reset the password on you original username?

Penta2
      Participant

Yes, why not? Thanks.

Actually it was a technical thing that stopped me in the end. When I finally remembered the right password (on a different computer, not this one where it’s safely stored) I’d already exceeded my attempts, apparently, over a few days. So then I got a page where I was supposed to validate it with one of those sets of strange letters in an image (that you also get when registering), but the image itself for me to copy from didn’t appear. So I couldn’t, obviously.

Penta2
      Participant

@Wild in Africa wrote:

While my photos keep you amused I have been working up some ideas for articles. It’s been a combinaiton of being incredibly busy, a bit lazy and having too much to write about that has delayed me so far. I think I will break the stories down into 2 or 3 separate articles rather than try and cram a lot of stories into one article. A bit more time perhaps over Easter for me to work on this and my next visit to WB/Gaza not planned until end of May or June, security permitting, so maybe will get round to this now.

Getting any closer? I keep checking the main site.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

When Rob gets his finger out and publishes it, you’ll see it!

:mrgreen:

Penta2
      Participant

Aah. I’d forgotten about that intermediate stage.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.