Four Arrested for Kidnapping, Beheading Girl in Colombia

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Four Arrested for Kidnapping, Beheading Girl in Colombia

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

I’m trying to imagine what type of human is capable of something like that. More importantly, NOW WHAT???? I’d like to do more than flying into a rage and indulging in violent anger fantasies – and then go on with my day.

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=332333&CategoryId=12393

Four Arrested for Kidnapping, Beheading Girl in Colombia

BOGOTA – Police arrested four people over the weekend for allegedly kidnapping and beheading an 11-year-old girl they mistook for the daughter of the owner of the ranch where their parents work in the central Colombian city of La Celia, officials said.

The girl was kidnapped last Friday and her body was found tied to a tree near the school she attended, La Celia Mayor John Jairo Soto said.

A march is planned for Monday to protest the girl’s killing, the mayor said.

The kidnappers demanded 10 million pesos (about $4,300) in ransom for the girl.

“She left school at 11 in the morning and the bandit called me around one in the afternoon to demand 10 million pesos so I could see my daughter again, and from what they tell me he had already killed her,” the child’s father, Lorenzo Gonzalez, said. EFE

RiverRat

Rest assured the perpetrators are (or will be) known and vigilante justice applied.

ROB
      Keymaster

After getting over the initial horror, stories like this always make me wonder at which point a person thinks that could possibly be a good idea.

Crimes of vicious violence in groups really perplex me.

Perplexing indeed.

Sociopaths?
      If so, how do several sociopaths find each other and get on the same page? Maybe it’s one sociopath having control over others. Often, sociopaths are endowed with heart-winning charm, great verbal conviction power and impressive sob story telling skills where they star as victims. People who are not used to dealing with sociopaths easily fall for them and are trapped by what I call ‘sociopath logic’: Solid, irrefutable, witty arguments but an absence of mercy and decency. Thus, sociopaths can rope people in and exert eerie control over them, even to the point of convincing them to plan and carry out incomprehensible acts of murder.

ROB
      Keymaster

No doubt you would need a domineering intellect combined with other people with weak intellects. I wonder if the persuasion is a kind of hypnotism.

I’d look all this up, but it’s such a morbid subject I don’t think I want to.

@ROB wrote:

I wonder if the persuasion is a kind of hypnotism.

I’d look all this up, but it’s such a morbid subject I don’t think I want to.

‘A kind of hypnotism’ is a good word for my ‘eerie control’.
      As long as you know how to spot a sociopath (allegedly not a uncommon phenomena) …

Cheers.

Chimborazo

I only know one sociopath well (former friend), and it annoys the shit out of me to watch people fall for it. They seem to have little idea how much they are being manipulated and controlled.

Have any of you confronted a sociopath and told him/her that he/she is a sociopath?

Anonymous

Several, only the words I used were something like ¨fucking nuts¨. Most often applied to ex-wives/girlfriends.

RiverRat

Rob–dammit—turn that guest thing off, I just can’t remember to log in every time, without being reminded. Happens at my age, you just wait and see! :roll:
      Rat

ROB
      Keymaster

I’ve met domineering people who could control others quite well and weren’t well adjusted individuals, but I would stop short of calling any of them sociopaths.

I think a true sociopath would scare me.

@Chimborazo wrote:

I only know one sociopath well (former friend), and it annoys the shit out of me to watch people fall for it. They seem to have little idea how much they are being manipulated and controlled.

Have any of you confronted a sociopath and told him/her that he/she is a sociopath?

haha. You’re opening one of those.

My father is/was(?) a sociopath and I confronted him but at the time (I was 16) I did not know the term – I just dared NOT fall for him, criticize and – oops – threaten him. As a result, he tried to kill me and I had to run away from home. Last brief contact with him was in ’87.

2 years later my mom nearly suffered the same fate – she had dared put in for a divorce (but then caved), and he was seething over it finally wanting her dead. (He got a lot worse in my teenage years.) He even talked another guy into helping him but being a simpleton the guy spilled the beans the night they were going to kill her and my brother (8 at the time) talked my mom into leaving right away – which they did.

We still believe that my father could go over the edge at any moment and are laying low trying not to escalate or provoke. Even if I had his address and/or knew that he was alive, I don’t dare send him a “I forgive you – go in peace” letter for fear of it causing a blood bath.

Just like you are experiencing, Chimborazo, everybody fell for my father’s charm, wit, humor, intelligence – and the sob stories. My brother and I were the only ones immune to him! Even the judge, who ruled in my brother’s adoption by my mother’s second husband just a few years ago (for inheritance issues), bought my father’s side of the story and BS plans for the future, and he scolded my mom in court for sabotaging the father – child relationship(s)! (She must be really good at it because in 22 yrs she has blocked all his attempts to contact me.) At least the judge ruled FOR the adoption.

That’s quite a paragraph but really just a nutshell. The rabbit hole goes much deeper. It’s the ancient past and I consider the experience toughness training. Who knows what kind of wimp I’d be without it. :) Kind of a shame though, my father had a lot of potential and never got to use it. I pray for him on his birthday every year hoping he’ll get help one way or another. It’s never too late for redemption while one is still alive. Well, that’s a tangent.

Cheers!

Anonymous

Damn, projectalice…that’s a hell of a thing to go through. This guy’s is such an asshole. It’s interesting to watch, because as soon as he realizes he can’t dominate someone, he’s done with him. He is extremely intelligent, but has so many relationship problems and cannot remain close friends with someone for more than a few years. He’s also incapable of having female friends and is very promiscuous. He comes close to getting in legal trouble (and he’s a lawyer, by the way), but always finds his way out of it my either manipulating the victim into dropping charges, or charming the robe off some judge who he knows.

Chimborazo

Awe crap….I wasn’t logged in either. I don’t like this guest login either.

@Anonymous wrote:

This guy’s is such an asshole. It’s interesting to watch, because as soon as he realizes he can’t dominate someone, he’s done with him. He is extremely intelligent, but has so many relationship problems and cannot remain close friends with someone for more than a few years. He’s also incapable of having female friends and is very promiscuous. He comes close to getting in legal trouble (and he’s a lawyer, by the way), but always finds his way out of it my either manipulating the victim into dropping charges, or charming the robe off some judge who he knows.

LOL. Sounds familiar! So…are you going to confront him;)

Chimborazo posted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:45 pm Post subject:
      Awe crap….I wasn’t logged in either. I don’t like this guest login either.

There’s only one thing more annoying than realizing that I posted without logging in. Trying to log in (too quickly) into polosbastards.com and getting this:
      http://www.ralphlauren.com/frontdoor/index.jsp?videoflash=false&flashversion=0

Happens about once a week.

BTW, I couldn’t find updates on the the kidnapped, beheaded Colombian girl. I also google-alerted it.

Chimborazo

@projectalice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This guy’s is such an asshole. It’s interesting to watch, because as soon as he realizes he can’t dominate someone, he’s done with him. He is extremely intelligent, but has so many relationship problems and cannot remain close friends with someone for more than a few years. He’s also incapable of having female friends and is very promiscuous. He comes close to getting in legal trouble (and he’s a lawyer, by the way), but always finds his way out of it my either manipulating the victim into dropping charges, or charming the robe off some judge who he knows.

LOL. Sounds familiar! So…are you going to confront him;)

We’ve had out confrontations already, but I’ve never told him he’s a sociopath. I have told him he’s a domineering, manipulative piece of shit though. It’s funny because he’s a big guy and is very confrontational, but relies on his size and reputation as being fearless, rather than actually being able to follow through. It irritates the shit out of him that I’m not scared of him. It’s hilarious.

abubakr

I think that you can get someone to do something that horrible exactly once. Seems to me that my eye is a bit jaundiced, but given training and stature, areas of responsibility then you could get some people to actually like being a Nazi prison guard. There have been mega experiments about mock electrocutions and as soon as you put on a lab coat, the inhibitions start running out the door.

Once a person has a minute or two to collect their thoughts, then they either realize there is no way back to humanity, or they turn the tables on the first cause. Nazi’s and others, Pol Pot used the exact thing I am talking about. Small groups use religion and forms of ‘Liberation theology’ as the press loves to wrap it in. Once a person gives over to the mythological, the subjective matters less and less. Until conscience dies or the will to get caught runs them down.

http://tr.im/lp80 http://tr.im/lpaj

abubakr

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.