Dunia on TV

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Dunia on TV

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      DrDave
      Participant

Here’s the link to my interview on a local news station. I just want to go on the record to let you all know that I DO NOT like wearing a coat and tie. I was willing to make the sacrifice for Dunia. Click on the blue words that say “La Cima visits the WKYT afternoon show”

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5182431

They have been getting serious pressure and will be doing more shows. People are mad that they only gave us a few minutes to talk. We crammed as much in as we could but, as you all know, there is more to be said.

ROB
      Keymaster

Great stuff Dave – I imagine a few donations will start flowing from that.

DrDave
      Participant

An interesting email I received after someone saw the video. I much prefer the global perspective to an ethnocentric view of things.

…sigh… too bad it takes too many words to explain all this to someone with this kind of mindset. Too bad even if I did, they still probably wouldn’t get it.

“Your program is doing a wonderful job helping the desperate children but how much of your time and money is going into helping the needy and desperate children of the United States.We have needy and hungry children in every State in our Nation who needs medical and nourishment needs but i see very little assistance being offered besides a few food stamps every month. My husband and I are middle age and
      have worked hard all our lives but when he developed a severe blockage in his left leg and had to have a stent put in last week there was no assistance available to us without having to fill out a 30 page application on how much income we had last year which has nothing to do with us having no income for the past month since he has been sick. Where can we go for help? No where. We cannot afford Health Ins. because of our age and we are self employed so we are at the rope’s end. I am only making this comment because there is so little assistance available to the American citizens but we can bring foreigners in by the dozens and give them free EVERYTHING!!”

Name deleted, but at least they did sign it.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Trouble is, you might feel a bit of pity if it wasn’t for the fact that they come across as bitter, resentful and not in the slightest bit concerned about the welfare of anyone but themselves.

They’d have Dunia’s parents sell their hearts and souls to be able to pay for her surgery, and even then they’d complain that she’s taking up a bed that a US citizen should have.

There’s a name for people like that.

DrDave
      Participant

Dunia’s visa interview is on Thursday at 9:00 am. After that the lawyers take over. Hopefully we will have her visa by Wednesday of next week. Vamos a ver. In Honduras, anything can happen so we are still not golden yet, but we are a lot closer than we ever have been. It looks as though it WILL happen, it is just a matter of WHEN at this point.

ROB
      Keymaster

I have sympathy for people like that, but it is pretty damn limited.

DrDave
      Participant

Good day for Dunia, total so far: USD 3785.00 in the bank, more has been pledged.

The TV station said they have been inundated with phone calls and emails. They want to do a detailed follow up and said they want to be “involved every step of the way”

DrDave
      Participant

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

I gotta go buy some tickets :)

kilroy

fucking a.

congrats, pelon, and to dunia too.

ROB
      Keymaster

Great stuff Dave – congratulations.

missy

this is my happiest news dujour.

i would like to suggest, as the greatest offender, that we establish a cuss free zone regarding this topic. for dunia, should she read it.

what say y’all?

ROB
      Keymaster

fuck yeah!

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

… and rename the site to Polo’s Silly Billys

:wink:

DrDave
      Participant

Fear not, Dunia can barely read Spanish since she hasn’t been able to go to school. I assure you she can’t read English or English profanity. I will just edit the description in Spanish when I describe this verbally….I have to look up “silly billy” :)

missy

very impressive, ROB. did you learn that in uni?

what the heck, why not go all out and call it polos silly bastard boys?

:roll:

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Now you’re just being silly.

DrDave
      Participant

Grand total 5297.56 to date

I’ll update when we go get her. Thanks again.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.