China is not table ware

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble China is not table ware

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Stiv

How about a little fire scarecrow???

I’m melting ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Anyway China is interesting to say the least. Freakiy stuff. The commies are eyeballing me because I shouldn’t be up this late.

Fuck this was either the best descxion I ever made or a whopping mkistake, the jury(me) is still out.

Later,
      Stiv

Stiv,

you take rot of photoglaf in china..yes?..

mikethehack
      Participant

Stiv,
      if anyone annoys you, just say: ‘Sik see!’ (It means ‘eat shit.’)
      Or try ‘Say baht-poh!’ (which means ‘die bitch!’) which really caused a row when I said it to my GF for fun one time (never again). Or ‘Sau pai’ which means ‘fuck off’. They are all Cantonese.

In Mandarin try:
      Chee She (fuck off/eat shit) Similar to Sik See above, but ‘Gun dan’ is just as good,if not as punchy.
      ‘Jee bai’ will really upset the guys too.

nick

Hey Stiv when you get back let me know.

I’m going in March.

Kapa

Stiv, I’m surprised you could even access such a deviant website as PBs.
      Trust your spitting as much as the locals, it takes practice.
      Keep us posted…..

Stiv

Hey gang. Well shizznit. I slept literally the whole of yesterday. The plae rout was over the north pole so the flight from Biejing to JFK was a little over 12 hours. Really not too bad and considering it all felt fine after the two hour shuttle back to Philly. Went to me fave watering hole had a gratismartini or two, went home lit a spliff and that’s the last thing i remember until this am.

Light, yes I took loads of photos and will try to get some stuff together, but don’t hold your breatth as I’m a notorious slacker.

On the whole it was a pretty interesting trip. Much unlike anything I’d ever done before, meaning the tour group thing. Fuck are people ignorant and stupid, just when did I forget that?? Anyhow it just about killed some of the old folks. It was hot as blazes and the ozone was lethal and surreal. No sun,no vis. Prices were not all that cheap, if you didn’t hit the little “Alldays”. I played Dr for a few folks doling out cipro and other various meds. Old folks falling down etc.

I’m sick of Chinese food fer sure, but it was pretty palatable if not redundant to the max. I could write and write, and I will, just not now as my head really hurts, it’s nice yet depressing to be back. Oh and my travel partener is certifiable, but I guess I already knew that.

Very best,
      Stiv

Nick Pm me and we’ll compare notes.

nick

Aiight cool man, will do. Any recommendations?

Kapa

Stiv, rest up and make sure you cough up all that crap they call oxegen in China. Then please let us in on your itinery, pros-cons, blah blah blah….

rickshaw92
      Participant

How was the beer Stiv? I have only been to Kashgar ane the beer there was passable, that said I had come from “dry” Pakistan so I was willing to drink anything with an alcohol content.

Stiv

Nick, Kapa, Rickshaw,
      well it took pretty much the week to get back to normal. It really bites to fall asleep at 6pm only to be wide awake at midnight. That polar rout hit me way harder after the fact than any other trans Pacific flight ever had. A Deja vue thing sort of. Leave China 1pm 9/18 hit the night land at JFK 1:30 pm 9/18 and then a few hours later it’s the same night you just flew through. Ive done it before but never noticed it so acutely.

I posted a bunch of info at BFC recos but will save a few gems just for you all. The beer was uniformly very good. It seemed like there was always some different brand I had never seen but most of the lables were in Chinese. A brewery named Suntory had a bunch of brands all in BIG bottles for anywhere from 3-5 Yuan at 8 to a US$. Beware of buying cans, some had those really old peel off tabs and tasted really old, go bottles. I found this nasty ass rice whisky in little plastic sport squirt bottles. It was 50% and wicked. I mixed it with coconut milk and mango juice, fairly palatable. Bust booze bang for the buck at 3.5 yuan. They do make less rot gut versions but they cost more$$$.

The pollution is seriously bad and anything we do conservation wise here in the west they undo 10x in just a day. Food is very cheap and really good but I’m seriously sick of it.

There is a massive amount of construction everywhere, never have I seen more cranes on a horizon. And traffic is downright nightmarish. Not much english spoken, I thought there might be a bit more, but people did like to practice it if they knew any. Had more than one experience where people would just come up to chat you up in eengrish. That and I was asked more than once by guys to pose for photos with thier women folk. My partner got hit up the same way in Tienamen square. It’s pretty funny and I highly recommend it. :P

Our itinerary was “China’s greatest cities” tour. Biejing, Xian, Shanghai. Actually it was Shanghai and two smaller cities. So Nick if you’re doing that kind of gig I might be able to give some specifics as to what to avoid…tour wise.

I was definately in the anti social camp, as was my partner, but we did meet some pretty cool folk to hang out with, but most were really stupid old people or yuppie dorks and the women that married them.Every one kept referring to my friend and I as husband and wife which never failed to elicit guffaws from her and I.Tthere was plenty of freedom to do your own thing,like get lost from the group sending your guide into a complete tizzy.The tour got you into all the sites, so the best part of the tour thang was it was a super ggreat bargin, as long as you were smart shopping. Some folks got HOSED BIG TIME. I’ll “Log” on that a bit in the future.

We did go and see an acrobat show wich was very cool as the crowd was mostly poulated by locals, and also a dance/opera thing which was very campy but kinda neat because of it and the locals.

Because my partner grew up a communist she was really grooving on getting her picture taken around worker statues and phots of Mao, I guess for mama back in the old country.

The tour thing was certainly different, by the end most either feared or hated her and I, and it made me very sad.
      :roll:

I still have to go over my journal so there are still some nuggets I’m forgetting. The only thing I really remember writing about was the mental status of my travel companion…….whacko.

Best,
      Stiv

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.