Border Towns

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Border Towns

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      kramer

What are the shittiest border towns you’ve had to stay in or pass through?

I can’t think of a border town that I’ve visited that has -not- been shitty…. okay, maybe Eilat in Israel, that place is just weird. Even here at home, White Rock on this side(weird) and Blaine in Washington(shitty).

Would PB accept a photo tour of Blaine? The banality can be truly overwhelming at times……

Kurt
      Participant

Unbelievably shitty and filled with shady characters. But pretty butterflies live in the open sewers.

Dajabon on the DR side was one of the most mellow, confortable friendly towns I have ever been in though.

Foulplay

Bunagana, on the DRC sıde of the DRC/Uganda border ıs pretty cool. I had a great party there one night ın 1993. The night I returned from the gorillas.

Shittiest had to be the crossing between Guatemala and Belize. I forgot the name.

rickshaw92
      Participant

Sost in northern Pakistan is a shithole with nothing to do. Tashguran on the China side is just as shitty but at least you can get beer, although the beer is shitty.

kramer

Yeah, i thought up the question while I was there. A town with no beer. No cheer.

Anonymous

shitty border towns? try the Djibouti/ Somolia border. Not even a town really, just a few buildings.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.