Best Magazines for Dangerous Places

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Best Magazines for Dangerous Places

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ROB
      Keymaster

What are they?

“Sobaka” seems to be a pretty good combination of politics and travel.

“SOF” is ok, but not really my cup of tea.

“National Geographic” is cool, but not really concerned specifically with dangerous places and seems to avoid politics altogether.

So what are the ones to go for if you are looking for a little mixture of travel, politics and intelligent comment?

Easily the best regularly updated periodical on travel/political DP-style content. Everyone should have a subscription. Some great writers in there. Highly recommended to all.

:wink:

There’s also Nat geo Adventure, as well as Blue Magazine. Can’t find Blue anywhere in the airports I hit or here at home, but they publish Pelton’s stuff on occasion.

ROB
      Keymaster

Sobaka is great but their recent travelogues on Africa have been pretty lame. I hope they didn’t pay the writer too much. 8)

Seriously – good stories and writing.

Jefe
      Participant

Places to where I would like to travel…..

Anonymous

Never heard of Sobaka. I should take a look.

Definitely a gap in the market though.
      If PsBs want to try their hand at publishing, I’d be happy to make regular contributions.

I could start with my forthcoming trip to S E Turkey

:)

FP.

Anonymous

I subscribe to Sobaka. Great little rag, hoping to get the big head shot (Cali Ruchala)down this way soon.

Anonymous

Sobaka webpage – http://www.diacritica.com/sobaka/
      I stumbled upon the sight almost a year ago while researching Enver Hoxa.

ROB
      Keymaster

Cali seems pretty friendly on email – certainly happy to answer a lot of my dumb questions.

His stories are always incredibly insightful and entertaining. If most journalists could write half as well, the profession would have a better reputation.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.