Bastard met up?..

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Bastard met up?..

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Long overdue!!!..Lee?…

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Definitely. Thought you’d skipped the country.

Where and when?

nah mate.Im still kicking around.

Rickshaw suggested the intrepid fox…Soho..What about in the next couple of weeks?.How you placed?.Weekday or a weekend?.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Weekends are usually better for me than weekdays, but I can often do midweek if I’m in London for a meeting that day.

Only trouble is, we’re getting a dog next week and the little fellow is going to be demanding an awful lot of my time for a couple of months, so I may have to defer just for a while. Plus I’ve got two trips coming up, which is pretty bad timing.

Otherswise, yes, the Intrepid Fox is just about the best pub in London, and I’ll definitely be up for dragging my arse up there as soon as I can sort things out at my end.

Ok cool.What sort of dog have you got?.

Let me know when you are free. Loads to talk about.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Border Collie. Wanted something that was very trainable.

We’ll sort something out soon. Promise.

Stiv

@Lee wrote:

Border Collie. Wanted something that was very trainable.

Very trainable but I hope you have lots of space and time to let it run. They REALLY have to be unwound or they go out of thier minds.

They almost can’t be let to run too much. Highly intelligent breed. I like em lots. Some neighbors around my way had one they just couldn’t keep put, every other night or so it would escape and come to my place and run outside our fence with my two, for the longest time I didn’t know who’s it was, total sweetheart I’d give it snacks. Shortly after I found out who’s it was thay got rid of it :( Shame I almost would have taken it since it spent so much time at my place anyway.

Where you off to Lee?

Gee whiz G now you want to have a meet up, safely ensconced on that little isle? You had every opportunity to meet a memeber of the US contingent :P

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Lot’s of stuff about Borders is not quite true, like the amount of exercise they require. If you walk miles everyday with a Border, you’ll just end up with an athletic dog that will never tire, and will just want to keep going.

What they need more than anything is brain exercise. They need to be challenged or they’ll make their own entertainment. They’re commonly regarded as the most intelligent of all breeds and are quite capable at problem solving. So therein lies the real challenge of keeping a Border Collie happy.

I work from home mostly, so I’m going to be able to give him lots of time and attention. Training in basic manners will start the day he comes home (next Tuesday) and by the time he’s a year old, we’ll be spending weekends on Dartmoor and other places where he can run himself ragged.

My intention is for him to sit, wait, stay, down, recall, etc. first time everytime, and from what I’ve learned, that’s all down to me and whether I get it right or not. I have about three months and if he’s not doing it right by then, it’ll just get harder and harder.

Wish me luck.

P.S. The young fella’s name is Dillon (Dill).

I’m off to East Turkey again in two weeks, so Dill’s training will go on hold for a week (not the best situation, but there you have it).

Going to visit the nomads again. Will report back on my return.

Stiv

Yeah ok. I know all about the IQ but I’ve been around more than one and they love to run.

If you can train em young and can spend some serious time doing so then yes your effort will be rewarded. The intelligence cuts both ways though if he gets bored easy look out :P

I think that was the issue for the folks in my neighborhood, thay had definately bit off more than they could chew with thiers. Shame because the little time I spent with it I had already started to develope a relationship with it.

Best of luck with him. Post a photo…puhleese

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Don’t worry, there’ll be plenty of pics of the little mite.

He’s 7 weeks old at the moment, coming home at 8 weeks and 2 days. Fully Kennel Club registered.

:D

Ok ,my good man..

Let us know ok?. see ya soon.

Luke

I’d be up for it whenever someone is keen. I kind of dropped the ball on this idea the time I started a thread on it a while back. Soho is fine for me…

rickshaw92
      Participant

Thursdays and Sundays are best for me. Just an idea but we could get all liquored up and go on the London eye. I could bring a joint for us to smoke.

vlindsay

I’m good for Thursdays or sundays, A drunken sunday afternoon / evening followed by a ride on the london eye – although everyone I know that has been on it says its crap…………………. – the duck bus is meant to be better, some kind of bus tour where the bus turns into a boat (think james bond in a bus) and then sails along the thames.

Oh no what a frightening thought. We have those in Philly and they give you little duck lips with which to quack.

Quacking where we aint supposed to.

Stiv

Not too sure wht happened there Vlindsey.

Just trying to help

vlindsay

@Stiv wrote:

Not too sure wht happened there Vlindsey.

Just trying to help

no worries – quack quack…………..ummm on second thoughts maybe not – suddenly the london eye idea doesn’t seem so bad after all!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.