Back in Sudan

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Back in Sudan

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’m back in Sudan again after a 4 year gap. Presently confined to Khartoum but planning a field visit next week to West Darfur, near the Chad border, so should be able to bring you all up to date after this trip.

ROB
      Keymaster

Hey, a Bastards Millione guide to Khartoum would be pretty cool. ;)

I think I could add to the existing thread on Sudan in the Millione but as I am staying in a private flat , getting around by official vehicle and only concentrating on work related issues, I am not getting the colour flavour or detail that would make a good city guide. So I will add a bit to the present thread and see what transpires in Darfur to give me enough material for another article.

ROB
      Keymaster

You have a driver? Sweet!

If only you could get hookers and blow, you’d have everything you needed to join the UN!

Well if you remember back in 2004 when i wrote the ‘Darfur from the inside’ series I was working for the UN then. I’d get lost in Khartoum these days if I tried to drive around. So much has changed and so much traffic. So a driver is essential but as for the other perks you mention; well maybe when I was quite a bit younger and unmarried!

ROB
      Keymaster

Ahh you know what they say though: What happens in Khartoum stays in Khartoum!

See here a little article I wrote for Trip Advisor on a recent experience in Khartoum.: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293835-d480745-r55877571-Sudan_National_Museum-Khartoum.html

Never fear though PBs, I am preparing a detailed article for you on Sudan following my return to the UK this coming weekend.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.