Aliens – Don’t touch!

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Aliens – Don’t touch!

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ROB.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      flipflop

Contacting Aliens ‘A Bad Idea’, Warns Hawking
      Yesterday, 01:19 pm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100425/tod-contacting-aliens-a-bad-idea-warns-h-870a197.html

© Sky News 2010
      Aliens are very likely out there, according to eminent scientist Stephen Hawking – but we should keep quiet and hope they don’t notice us. Skip related content

Contacting Aliens ‘A Bad Idea’, Warns Hawking
      In a new documentary for the Discovery Channel, the theoretical physicist warns against making contact with any extra-terrestrials.

Professor Hawking, who retired as the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge last year, claims such space life would only abuse Earth’s resources and move on.

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,” he said.

“I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet.

“Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”

“If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn’t turn out well for the Native Americans.”

The documentary, which begins on May 9, explores the British scientist’s vision of the universe.

While most aliens were in all probability simple organisms such as microbes, Professor Hawking said it would only take a few intelligent ones to spell disaster for humans.

“To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,” he explained.

“The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.”

ROB
      Keymaster

Isn’t he about 40 years too late? Didn’t we send some deep space proble with teh keys to the kingdom?

DrDave
      Participant

Too late. Rob, I hold you personally responsible, they landed in your back yard first.

Thursday 29th April, 2010

It’s raining UFOs Down Under
      ANI Thursday 29th April, 2010

The reports of UFO sightings in Australia have gone up with at least seven separate incidents having been reported in the past week.

The sighting of some “unexplained phenomena” has been happening almost every night since the first was reported last week, and most have taken place in Darwin’s rural area.

A woman, who wants to be identified as only Shirel, reported the first sighting on April 21, saying that she saw the strange lights from her Humpty Doo home hovering over Howard Springs.

“The lights were really low in the sky, really bright, with flashing dots,” the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.

“Three of them formed a semi-circle and they hovered over the area for at least half an hour,” she revealed.

There were three separate sightings on April 23 including British backpacker Kylie Myers who said she had “never believed in anything like UFOs” before her strange encounter.

Myers, 27, said she stopped her car on the side of the road to grab her camera from the glove box, but the light disappeared.

“It was pretty spooky,” she stated.

There were more sightings at Coolalinga on April 24, Acacia Hills on April 25 and again in Howard Springs on April 27.

But astronomer Geoff Carr told the Northern Territory News he was “far from believing any of this UFO stuff”.

“Unless aliens have found a way to travel faster than light speed, it’s a doubtful thing to believe they came to visit us,” he said.

Carr added he believed 99.9 per cent of all the UFO sightings could be explained as simple weather phenomena. (ANI)

ROB
      Keymaster

I remember about 10 years ago, I saw a “UFO” slowly progressing accross the distant sky in the morning. Looked like a saucer. I watched it for about a minute and even pointed it out to some others who were equally enthralled.

Then it changed slowly direction so that the sun shone on it from a different angle.

It was a passenger jet.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.