Airline tickets – Tbilisi to Dallas – cheap – help!

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Airline tickets – Tbilisi to Dallas – cheap – help!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      khalampre

I am having a hard time finding tickets from Tbilisi (tbs) to Dallas (dfw) for less than 1,200 -1,400 USD. I am looking at trying to fly on or around 11-4-09, but the dates can shift a bit. If any of you know of a good place to get low price tickets please help me out. Even saving a few hundred bucks will help because I will be buying three tickets.

Thanks,

CK

ROB
      Keymaster

Damn – that’s gonna hit ya.

Now you know what it’s like to live in an isolated destination… like Australia. :(

khalampre

Rob,

In the past I have found tickets for 500-700 USD one way. Now I am getting 1,100+. Even saving a few hundred bucks will help because I have to buy three tickets.

DrDave
      Participant

http://www.vayama.com/jsp/home/results.jsp?s=343582301&tab=1&startItinId=0&cb=41366844714

vayama showed british airways at USD 990 and turkish airlines/american airlines combo at 885

DrDave
      Participant

cheapair.com (going through mobissimo.com) shows 642.25

http://www.mobissimo.com/results_airfare.php?QueryID=669443f7b43cd446c78c10393c650006

This is all a cursory look, I didn’t really get into it deep.

khalampre

DrDave,

You ROCK! Have you ever purchased tickets through mobissimo? Have you or anyone else flown BMI before? I do not know much about airlines so it is not hard to guess that I have never heard of BMI.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@khalampre wrote:

Have you or anyone else flown BMI before?

If this is BMI, as in the UK carrier (British Midland International), then yes, I’ve flown with them numerous times…

They are very similar to British Airways: Clean, efficient, good safety standard (not counting the 737 that landed on the M1 all them years ago!) and ever so British.

Cheers.

DrDave
      Participant

I haven’t used mobissimo for my own travel, but I did help my office manager use it to buy her tickets for a few flights and all went as planned. Hers were all domestic US flights. I got linked up to mobissimo after watching something on tv a while back and it was highlighted.

I generally use mobissimo, sidestep, vayama, and kayak to screen the flights available and then go directly to the airline websites to buy the tickets if it is a one airline deal. If it is multi-airline (especially non-alliance partner airlines), I just get my travel agent to set something up and I tell her which route I found is cheapest. She confirms my findings (or finds something cheaper) and then does it for me. That way I can always have someone else to blame if there is a screw up in connections :)

ROB
      Keymaster

Wow, hats off to Dr Dave’s ninja internet booking skills.

khalampre

Dr. Dave,

We have the visa in hand and I was able to purchase the tickets. It turns out that waiting a few days dropped a few hundred bucks off of the 3 tickets I had to buy. The bad news is that my dog is not welcome on the Tbilisi/London leg of the trip, BUT I have found a way around that. I will give more details after the trip is over.

Thanks you for the link. You saved me about 1,500 bucks. I give you my word that I will send you a donation, BUT it is going to have to wait until we get on our feet in the US. I have saved a chunk of money, but depending on how long it will take for us to get jobs it could go fast. Again, you have my word that I will donate some of my savings to your NGO.

THANKS AGAIN,

CK

DrDave
      Participant

I’m glad it worked out. Don’t worry, you aren’t on the hook to La Cima. We obviously never turn down a donation, but you certainly don’t have to feel obligated, I was just sharing info among friends :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.