Airline in Nigeria needs Unix admins

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Airline in Nigeria needs Unix admins

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kurt
      Participant

I am trying to research an alleged company called Caverton Airlines that is supposed to be a start up in Nigeria. It means it is either such a new start up that it is not on google yet or it is the start of a scam of some type.

Thinking that being a geek in Africa would be cool and that working as a geek for an African airline would be cooler (discount flights!), you could see how my enthusiasm for this would make me a prime mark to get taken.

The plus side of this is I was reading in the Economist how Nigeria and Africa are a good market for good , cheap airlines due to the fact so many of the state run clunkers are going belly up..so that is a believable point on the alleged Caverton’s part.

The downside:

Paying my way to London for an interview.

The people who posted the job ad forgot to include their e-mail adress (not an uncommon mistake in the computer world, but one that sends up flags)

Any feedback or leads on this is always appreciated.

Kurt
      Participant

http://www.caverton-helicopters.com

Now I just gotta wait for them to update their notice with a real e-mail address.

It seems that Helicopter leasing would be a pretty good business to be involved in in Africa.

Foulplay

Under “contact us” the following email address is noted:

ENQUIRIES@CAVERTON-HELICOPTERS.COM

Kurt
      Participant

I just politely asked if they could tell me who to e-mail the resume to.

I think I would like Nigeria anyway. (though I have never even been to Africa)

Anonymous

Kurt,

Where in Nigeria are these guys based? Lagos, Port Harcourt or what? I know PH pretty well.

Also, make sure that the company is run by expats with VERY LITTLE national involvement.

Find out living conditions and security measures.

If you think that I may know some specifics, you can try my new email- tejas@polosbastards.com. Be the 1st to contact and win cynical, sceptical advice for Nigeria.

Be Cool,
      T

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.