//

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble //

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

;-)

ROB
      Keymaster

A little bored this evening LS?

I put a post up about getting help with Dreamweaver, but decided to delete it.

ROB
      Keymaster

How is your site going?

Anonymous

Slowly.

Im going to try and use flash inside html. I finally figured out a really easy way of making div tags. Just literally draw out a bunch of AP divs and then wrap all of them around a master div so they fit inside any browser window. simple.
      Now I just have to figure out how to import swf files into my HTML in Dreamweaver.
      arghhh!!. im going fuckin nuts

Can you help?

ROB
      Keymaster

Not really mate – in fact I am not actually sure what you were trying to do with div tags and why?

I’d also shy away from flash if I were you – most users don’t like it due to slow connection and not wanting to wait for it to load and also the search engines cannot read flash so you will not get as much traffic. But this all kind of depends on what you are trying to use your website for. ie – just a brochure? to generate business? store your photos?

Anonymous

Div tags and CSS are what you use to structure a website in Dreamweaver.

As for flash, so long as you dont overdo it its fine. You have to imbed flash inside HTML , otherwise you will have trouble with the search engines. Designing an entire site in HTML is old hat – like Napster.
      haha..remember that?

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I’m just in the process of adding a flash slideshow to the front page of my gallery site, too.

Not tackling it myself, though. Getting a mate to do it for me, while I trudge through the HTML and CSS books that I bought a few weeks ago.

Boring stuff. I cover about two pages a night before I fall asleep.

:cry:

@Lee wrote:

I’m just in the process of adding a flash slideshow to the front page of my gallery site, too.

Not tackling it myself, though. Getting a mate to do it for me, while I trudge through the HTML and CSS books that I bought a few weeks ago.

Boring stuff. I cover about two pages a night before I fall asleep.

:cry:

That’s relatively easy to do. You just make a flash motion tween swf file and simply drop it straight into the HTML page. You can make one in half an hour

The thing Ive gotta try and figure out is how to link flash buttons to various layers in Dreamweaver. uggh!!.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@lightstalker wrote:

You just make a flash motion tween swf file…

I dont know Flash, nor would I know how to use it if I did.
      Of course, I know I could learn it, probably very quickly, but why do that when a mate will do it all for me?

:D

ROB
      Keymaster

You guys should be getting familiar with wordpress.

You’ll switch to it eventually if you keep on this path anyway.

i dont see what the big deal is about them.I had a look at switching my blog to word press but their templates look like they have been designed by a four year old. They charge you for changing the HTML as well.

ROB
      Keymaster

Huh? WordPress is completely open source and free.

There are tens of thousands of free templates, but you can also get a designer to do you a unique one for a cost.

ROB
      Keymaster

I quite like a lot of the themes:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01/08/100-excellent-free-high-quality-wordpress-themes/

Photography themes are a little harder to find for free but they are out there.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.