WEIRD FOREIGN GUN LAWS

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble WEIRD FOREIGN GUN LAWS

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

In Indonesia you can only have Rubber Bullets in your gun and to get a gun that was properly licensed, it cost me 4 grand!

The “Rubber Bullet” thing really pisses me off; I guess if you shoot someone Point-Blank in the eye it might kill them.

If you live outside the US or EU what are the Firearms Laws there? Can an Expat get a permit there, is there a caliber restriction (like no “military” calibers), ect, ect.

kilroy

The “Rubber Bullet” thing really pisses me off; I guess if you shoot someone Point-Blank in the eye it might kill them.

i think that’s kinda the whole idea about the restriction.

Jimbo
      Participant

The Phillipines has fairly lax gun laws. I expect that people in the Phills will be shooting their guns in the air to ring in, or perhaps shoot in in the new year the same way the Chinese light up fireworks for Chinese new year, heaps of fun!

Didn’t the Philippines change there firearms laws last year to make it more difficult to get a permit?

Yes, were waiting for the same “Tracer Ammo” fireworks display here in Baghdad tonight, a couple of weeks ago when Iraq won a soccer mach there was a hail of celebratory gunfire, when gravity kicked in it was raining bullets in the IZ, I heard a couple of people showed up in the hospital with bullets sticking out of there foreheads. If it happens tonight I’ll post the video.

@jamesintheworld wrote:

Didn’t the Philippines change there firearms laws last year to make it more difficult to get a permit?

Yes, were waiting for the same “Tracer Ammo” fireworks display here in Baghdad tonight, a couple of weeks ago when Iraq won a soccer mach there was a hail of celebratory gunfire, when gravity kicked in it was raining bullets in the IZ, I heard a couple of people showed up in the hospital with bullets sticking out of there foreheads. If it happens tonight I’ll post the video.

do you plan on shooting someone?.
      If you aquired a fire arms licence while in the phillipines and were in the possesion of a gun what would be the next thing you would do?..

No, I don’t want to shoot someone. Jakarta, Indonesia and Manila, Philippines like any large metropolitan city have some crime; I got a pistol and a permit in Jakarta so I could legally carry for self defense.

I am just curious about the firearms laws for other countries for Expats

Always a fun read for Yankees is Canada’s Gun Laws for Americans. It’s a detailed write-up of what Americans need to go through to bring their guns into Canada(for hunting, or often transport up to Alaska):

http://panda.com/canadaguns/

Always fun are their recommendations on filling out forms since you don’t live in Canada. Good way to fuck with the man!

Be sure to read the application carefully, and answer each question precisely. One of the questions asks what categories of firearms do you own and wants you to supply the registration number for at least one of your restricted and prohibited firearms. Note that it doesn’t ask what you will bring into Canada; it asks you what you own.

If you’re like most Americans, you own firearms in all three non-restricted, restricted, AND prohibited categories. Even a rusted out old Luger is prohibited in Canada, because of the 4.14″ minimum barrel length. Remember, you are filling out an official government form; check all three boxes, and for the registration number question write “not applicable.”

After several months, someone is going to notice that you stated on your application that you own unregistered prohibited firearms and will call you about it.

Your response should be “Yes, that’s completely true. I’m an American, living in the US, and those firearms are in the US. The form asks what I own, not what I would bring into Canada. I would not think of bringing a prohibited firearm into Canada, but I would not think of making a false statement on an official form either.”

Heh heh.

They may think that you’re a jerk, but they’ll accept it as an answer. Think about the alternative; do you really want to end up having to admit that you made a false statement on an official form? It is not for you to decide what they meant to ask.

Once that little comedy is settled, you’ll get another one.

Canada apparently doesn’t have any way to do a background check on you, and they will send you a letter telling you to arrange one for them! The way to resolve this is to ask your local police department to send them a notarized letter that you have a clean record. If you have a concealed pistol license, have your local police mention that fact, and the background checks which done on you at that time, in the letter as well.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.