So hows the leg Rob? Get well soon!

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble So hows the leg Rob? Get well soon!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      rickshaw92
      Participant

Australian bitten while trying to sit on crocodile
      16 hours ago
      Loading… Share No Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes 0
      news-world-20100713-AS.Australia.Crocodile.Attack

In this Monday, July 12, 2010 photo supplied by the Western Australian Polic…
      Share |

* Email Story
      * Discuss
      * Print

PERTH, Australia — A man ejected from a pub in Australia broke into a zoo and climbed onto the back of a crocodile named Fatso, which bit him on the leg but then let him go. Police say they’re surprised the croc didn’t inflict worse damage.

The 36-year-old man, who police said had just been thrown out of a pub for being drunk, told officials he scaled the barbed wire fence surrounding the Broome Crocodile Park in remote northwest Australia on Monday night because he wanted to give the 16-foot (5 meter) Fatso a pat.

“He has attempted to sit on its back and the croc has taken offense to that and has spun around and bit him on the right leg,” Broome Police Sgt. Roger Haynes said.

The saltwater crocodile then inexplicably let the man go, and he climbed back over the fence to safety, police said.

The man, who was a tourist from eastern Australia and whose name was not released, suffered some “very nasty lacerations” and was taken to a hospital, Haynes said.

“Saltwater crocodiles … once they get hold of you, are not renowned for letting you go,” Haynes said. “He’s lucky to have escaped with his life.”

Saltwater crocodiles are the world’s largest reptile and can grow up to 23 feet (7 meters). They have become increasingly common in Australia’s tropical north since hunting that almost extinguished the species was banned in 1971.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ROB
      Keymaster

I don’t think I have ever been quite drunk enough to do something like that.

But now, at least I have a new goal!

flipflop

I bet the dinlo had his little fella out

ROB
      Keymaster

It is quite amazing how many tourists get eaten.

Chimborazo

Ha….

Izzie teases saltie…more at 11:00.

ROB
      Keymaster

feeding dingoes is dumb
      trying to pick up snakes is dumb
      trying to ride crocodiles is dumb

this isn’t rocket science.

flipflop

I blame Paul Hogan, the flaming bogan

How many beers does it take before your mind says “You should go sit on a crocodile”

~JITW

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.