Question about Bankok drugs tests

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Question about Bankok drugs tests

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

In Bangkok the police can make you take a Drug Urine test on the street, without a warrant and if you come up hot for dope you will be arrested for possession.

could anybody else confirm this? i know they absolutly will random search you, but this “pee on demand” i have never, ever heard of.

ROB
      Keymaster

I would get performance anxiety.

is the ‘Come to Bastards Country’ banner a picture of exhumed skulls ? Where’s it from? Off topic, my apologies.

Man.. i’m probably a pest on this forum.

Jimbo
      Participant

For all my time living in Bangkok I’ve never had the police give me a random drug test, nor have I seen it done. This is not to say it doesn’t happen. Cops tend to target certain night spots, mostly upscale night clubs, usually around the Sukumwit area, clubs like Q bar & Bed Supper club for example. These are the places where the offspring of well to do Thai families congregate at night so naturally the cops smell money….to the best of my knowledge the police tend to test more Thais than farangs (foreigners)….

Kansas-The skulls actually come from Rob’s house, he’s really a serial killer and he keeps the skulls as trophies, needles to say it’s an impressive collection…

Yes they can and will do that, and if you piss hot…go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars (well that probably depends how much money you have on ya at the time and if it is a publicity stunt for the cops).

They were doing those tests a lot during there “drug and vice” crackdown a couple years ago and they also do it to harass club owners patrons when the club doesn’t pay enough “tea money” to the cops or a rival bar will pay the cops to do it.

I heard that’s why they were harassing “Q bar”, and because the local bar owners were upset some white guy came in and opened the most successful club in bangkok and gave there employees benefits (insurance, paid leave). S/E Asians are probably the biggest “Haters” when someone else becomes successful. They don’t realize that all they have to do is work just as hard and smart and they could be just as successful…but nooooooo, they would rather be a bunch of lazy jealous peasants. Just look at how much they hate the Chinese in S/E Asia, just because they work hard and they save and invest there money instead of going out and buying a new TV and motorcycle.

They still do those now and then so be careful and if you piss “hot” you are probally shit out of luck.

I heard that if your white or especially black you will be singled out, not true?

If you want to “smoke” and party with the ladies in S/E Asia without any hassle from the cops go to Cambodia, they openly sell “Happy Pizza” (pizza with weed in it) and “the weed” doesn’t seem to be a high priority with the cops there.

Here is an article on Thi cops testing people in clubs during the dope crackdown:

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/362/thailand.shtml

And on Thailand & Cambodia:

https://polosbastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=896

Rob; Since when can guests post?

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@jamesintheworld wrote:

Since when can guests post?

Obviously that’s a feature we haven’t turned off yet.

It’s easy enough to do, but it’s not being mistreated yet, so we may as well leave it for now.

Stiv

Cops tend to target certain night spots, mostly upscale night clubs, usually around the Sukumwit area, clubs like Q bar & Bed Supper club for example

Hmmm interesting. The concierge at our 4* looked at my friend and I when asked for a recommendation for a nice club to go to and wrote down the info on the Bed and supper club. Never did go there though as we ended up in Patpong 8) instead.

I do find this drug test rumor/fact entertaining as outside of airports and palaces and such the amount of Thia police I’ve ever seen in my times there I could count on both hands…Then again I’m probably the only person who’s been to Thailand more than once who’s never even been to the Kho san Rd.

Aren’t those skulls from Rickshaw’s tour of S-21?

Best,
      Stiv

ROB
      Keymaster

The photo was from rickshaw92’s tour to Rwanda which he very kindly gave us permission to use.

I have never been to Kho san Rd, I hate hippies!

soulohio

thanks for the replies. i posted this originally in the “milione” section and for some reason i wasn’t logged in so it came up as a “guest” post…

see…i got a random search at ekimai (sp?) bus station in bkk after a long bus ride from koh samui…i went to take a leak and when i came out there was a cop there that asked if i had come from samui….i met a girl on the bus and she fell asleep on my shoulder! ah…the memories…anyhow she was standing about 10 feet from the cop so i don’t think she set me up for a roust but the cop may have come over and asked her where the farang came from and tried to get lucky by finding some weed on me….but i just find it hard to believe that a cop can come up and force you to take a urine test on the street…i mean what if you just will not pee? it seems somewhat strange that such a reserved society would compel you to show your private parts and pee…

I don’t mind showing my penis in public, in fact I quite enjoy it

Stiv

it seems somewhat strange that such a reserved society would compel you to show your private parts and pee…

Yeah maybe but after seeing the seedy side of the culture and to think that selling your daughter is not uncommon…well you see where I’m going right?

~Stiv

soulohio

man…are you telling me these people sell their own? i am serious…i was there for a month and i got a buddy who is there and down with a local…. and actually selling off the womens? i have not heard of that….

i am quite aware of the dowry situation when marrying a thai girl…that is quite open and part of the (buddist?) ceremnoy…

Stiv

and actually selling off the womens? i have not heard of that….

I’ve heard that’s unfortunately more common than it should be. Especially among parents from rural hill and country side hence the amount of really young girls in the sex trades.

I could be wrong or overstating the case but I’ve read and heard it’s pretty common among the really poor rural folks throughout much of Asia particularly in SE Asia but not unheard of in China.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

Best,
      Stiv

soulohio

OK…in converstaion with local bar girls i got the impression that most were there on their own volition…i just got the impression…maybe wrong….that thai family structure was a bit firmer than to actually slave off the women…now if the girlies wanna run off to phuket, have some fun, ball some farang and send money home, then so be it…i thought that thai children were responsible to take care of their parents and the big payoff was in marrying a farang…

Stiv

I did find this explanation.

These women, once in the city, are then cajoled, coerced and condemned to take up prostitution as the highest paying job available. Then, once they have begun to make some money, in most cases, they send large portions of those earning home. An International Labour Organization study “found that of fifty prostitutes interviewed, all but four send money home. Most remit one-third to one-half their earnings, sums essential to their rural families’ survival.”28 That, or the women start off indentured to prostitute themselves to pay off loans their families accept from their daughters’s future employers.

Excerpt from here:
      http://www.links.net/vita/swat/course/prosthai.html

soulohio

thanks for that mr. stiv…the girl i talked to was working out of a bar with her sister. her sister was down with the scene first and called her sister to tell her about the gig….sounds more like she recruited her….the girls were both sending money home to the parents cause the old man was building a much bigger home that he was going to pay off with the money these girls were sending. as another note, the parents were raising the one sister’s children…these girls were partying up a storm, breaking hearts and taking names. i would be surprised if they both weren’t married by now….unless that would cut into the dole they were raking in every month by boyfriends that “were the one”…but i could see some “pressure” put on these chicks to get with the program…in pattaya i was recruited to walk some freelancers (college students) down to mikes cause they were getting heat from the local professionals and were scared…

ha ha..misser soulohio..i not know you long but i think you man for me..pleese believe me..you have nice tatoos and i can make you happy man…pleese send me small moneys so i may call you…my cell was stolen when i leave it outside temple..i am so sad…pleese talk to me!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.