PB story idea

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble PB story idea

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have a funny idea for a story.

As you probably know I work as a civilian contractor in Iraq, anyway I am taking 2 months off around the end of the year and I am planning to spend the last week in the US before heading back to Bagdad.

My story idea:

I was thinking about buying a one-way ticket, with cash to Baghdad and check in with no luggage, not even a carry on and see how many times ill get interrogated on the way over of if ill even make it. I was thinking about calling the story “One Way Ticket to Hell”

What do you think?

PS I should have my pictures from Cambodia and Thailand soon.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Sounds like that would be an adventure.

You’d just want hope that they don’t get the rubber gloves out.

Stiv

Do it do it do it……………..

dogtanian

Also: grow a beard the size of a clenched fist, wear brown leather flip-flop sandles, and order a halal meal. 8)

mikethehack
      Participant

And speak in a strong Jamaican accent, brudder.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Methinks you’ll be on the six o’clock news faster than you can say paranoid, over-zealous, power-crazed, Hitler youth security guard.

Infamy will be yours. You’ll make a fortune from the book sales.

You’d be mad not to do it.

RiverRat

:shock: Uh….Lee, don’t hold back, now tell us how you really feel. :shock: Actually in reference to TSA (The Shit Agency) they’re known as Urban Aboriginies in the Rat’s circle. Which I personally consider as an insult to Real Aboriginies, wherever they may be found. :wink:

@dogtanian wrote:

Also: grow a beard the size of a clenched fist, wear brown leather flip-flop sandles, and order a halal meal. 8)

Halal meal, great idea! I don’t think that I can grow a full beard but I’ll try. and i’ll carry prayer beads

When they ask me why I’m going to Iraq I’m going to say “just to look around” or “visiting some friends”

Man this will be funny

DrDave
      Participant

One thing you can always count on is sage advice from the PB forum. After careful consideration of the circumstances and evaluation of the Risk vs. Reward charts, I can only be left to concur with the wisdom of all the rest of the weary and war-torn travellers. DO IT! What a story you will have.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.