PB Hacked

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble PB Hacked

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ROB
      Keymaster

Some of you may have vistied over the last few hours and thought PB had suddenly become a bastion of anti-zionist anti-american, anti-English hatred.

Some may even have thought, “hell, what’s new?”

But alas we have experienced our first hacking at the hands of “extremists.”

Everything seems to be ok now though.

:cry:

I used to run a BBS that rewarded delinquent behaviour. While all the other BBS’s in town were banning people for hacking and ‘phreaking’ and using fake names, I encouraged people to do so.

I even put out a standing order asking people to hack the BBS, offering co-sysop access(equivalent to moderator/administrator priveledges these days) to whomever could do so.

Well, about 3 years in someone finally did, calling themselves ‘Mac Hack’. Teleguard had a notorious backdoor hack that someone had found(this was before the internet, so getting such information was much harder when you were relying only on local sources). True to my word, I gave that ‘new user’ co-sysop access, and all the free points he wanted on the BBS’ version of TradeWars. He never did call back though.

Anyways, food for thought….. :o

ROB
      Keymaster

Are you suggesting we hand over control of PB to the PLF? This might cause a few problems for our claims to a “non-political” stance!?! 8)

kramer

Missed it. What did they say?

ROB
      Keymaster

Break Your Security By DiYARBAKIR Hacker TEAM

We Are : Ares – Amidx – AstronBnX
      TURKIYE

U.S.A. – ENGLAND – ISRAEL are Murders
      Boykot U.S.A.
      Boykot ENGLAND
      Boykot ISRAEL
      FREE PALESTINE!

# uname -a;id
      Linux srv1.dnstoip.com 2.4.18-26.7.x #1 Mon Feb 24 10:15:02 EST 2003 i686 unknown
      uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)

Greetz : All Turkish Hackers

Anonymous

I e-mailed them and asked them if they wanted to meet in Istanbul for beer or tea, so I will try and get the full story and post it here with pictures too!

ROB
      Keymaster

I have never really understood these kinds of attacks. What are they trying to achieve? To get me to support the Palestinian cause? There are better wayst o go about it. :?

Anonymous

@ROB wrote:

I have never really understood these kinds of attacks. What are they trying to achieve? To get me to support the Palestinian cause? There are better wayst o go about it. :?

Yah, that is what I am trying to figure out. A part of me thinks that this attack was really not political in nature but they just put the political stuff on it just because. Unlike Portugese hackers who defaced the Golkar party’s website numerous times a few years back with rants condemming Suharto and East TImor…The target made sense with the message.

Of course I won’t get to talk to the PB hackers now because the e-mail addy has been terminated becauise of ToS violations (suprise, suprise)

Anonymous
      Would have been an interesting story - Kurt hacks PB Hackers
      Anonymous

@ROB1 wrote:

Would have been an interesting story - Kurt hacks PB Hackers

Yah I know..since I am going to Romia tommorow to meet some hackers (who claim to no longer be active)…I “caught” my friend the same way, but he didn1t deface anzthing, he just claimed he needed the computing power to debug a comp sci program before it was due.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.