Largest animal you could kill with your bare hands?

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Largest animal you could kill with your bare hands?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Not a travel question, I know. But seeing as how I’ve been stuck in the middle of America for awhile, I don’t have a ton to say or ask about world travel.

So what’s the biggest animal you think you could kill with your bare hands? No traps, weapons, or other implements allowed.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Tapeworm

Stiv

These hypotheticals are tough.

I hate killing things for the most part. I had less of a problem hunting and killing when I was younger and even now let most fish go when fishing so I’ll just go with past experience and say some sort of fowl, reptile or fish.

Given the circumstance though it might be different.

~Stiv

Anonymous

Interesting…I guess I was thinking in terms of what you’d be physically capable of killing, but Stiv, you introduce the psychological aspect. I couldn’t kill a human except in self-defense (I don’t think), but I’m sure there are fairly large humans I’d be physically capable of killing. That would be bigger than most fish, which I’m actually not sure if I could kill with my bare hands, because they would probably elude my grasp.

khalampre

I am getting ready to kill some co-“workers”. I will get back to you on how it goes. I am stuck in a room with 8 women that I would rather kill than listen to about their husbands, kids, the god damn flowers in the room, why we have no tea, etc, etc.

ROB
      Keymaster

Most people talk about the weather, but Redheren talks about what you are capable of killing! LOL

I’d go a bunny – maybe a ferret.

Stiv

I’ve caught lots of fish with my hands, carp and trout mainly, but a fish is actually pretty hard to kill with just your hands it’s much easier to just let the thing sit out of water.

Other stuff you just wring it’s neck but even then depending on the critter involved you tend to stand a pretty good chance of getting poked or bitten which has lots of complications in and of itself.

~Stiv

mikethehack
      Participant

I’d like to try Rob. I’ve heard he’s a big f**ker.

:D

Anonymous

Seems like you could break an ostrich’s neck fairly easily.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

@redharen wrote:

No chance. It would disembowel you with one kick before you had a chance to start squeezing.

Anonymous

See, that’s great info. Never knew that about an ostrich.

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

I may have just saved your life.

ROB
      Keymaster

MTH – I have never fucked a pig in my life!

Stiv

@Lee wrote:

@redharen wrote:

No chance. It would disembowel you with one kick before you had a chance to start squeezing.

Yeah no way.

First even if you caught one through an elaborate trap which would be unlikely the thing would even let you get near it. Birds without a trap are pretty hard to catch. Really most animals without a snare or some trap are hard to catch and you said with out weapons or traps.

I think that leaves your average Joe or above average with mostly stuff like fish reptiles or invertabrates.

The survival training that I took we lived on mostly frogs some insects, small fish and lots of plants and berries. And face it in a hypothetical like this that’s the most likely scenario.

Best,
      Stiv

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Unless of course you dressed up like another Ostrich and just strutted up to the unsuspecting ground bird, and then hit it over the head with a pickaxe handle.

That might work.

ROB
      Keymaster

:shock:

Stiv

@Lee wrote:

Unless of course you dressed up like another Ostrich and just strutted up to the unsuspecting ground bird, and then hit it over the head with a pickaxe handle.

That might work.

Hey he said no weapons! :?

~Stiv

mikethehack
      Participant

@ROB wrote:

MTH – I have never fucked a pig in my life!

Are you telling me that the old beer goggles never got you in trouble? C’mon Rob….

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.