Iran and pakistan visa/situation

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Iran and pakistan visa/situation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      TFC

Ive decided to post this here because most of the folks who repsond intelligenstly to travel posts at the BFC also post here, helps me sort throgh the bullshit.

Im going to need a visa for Iran and Pakistan for use witin the next year or so. I am a US national, and I’ll be entering and exiting both countries by ground with the neighboring nations (turkey for iran, iran for pakistan, then into india from paki). Ive heard visas are a pain in the ass to get right now, does anyone have an experience in the area as of late? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any ideas of how the situation on the ground is right now, espcially for yanks, and any ideas of where its headed would also be a help. Hell, anything at all wouldnt be that bad. You can private message me if you like, alsthough i still have no idea how to figure that damn thing out. or just e-mail me tfctank@hotmail.com thanks

kramer

TFC, welcome.

I’m in Pakistan currently and have met some americans here, so no probs in that respect, unless you go off to some of the tribal areas and get lost, although that would apply to all westerners. As for visas, they both got one-month visas I think. One in Nepal and one in Bangkok. India is difficult apparently. But since you’re coming from Turkey, that doesn’t help you. Other travellers have got visas in Turkey, but they weren’t american, but that might not mean much. Try the Pak embassy in the US and see what they say.

Based on what i’ve heard, americans can sometimes get visas for iran but *may* have to book some hotels and give an itinerary etc to get the visa. Best bet if you want to organise something before you leave for the region is to contact a travel agency (try Sireh in Tehran – look them up on the web – you’ll probably deal with a guy called Ramin – he’s very helpful and will answer your questions). See if you can get them to get a “visa invitation” for you. It costs USD30 and you pay when you get there. This means that they contatc a govt dept and “invite you” and then they can send a receipt no. to any embassy in the world for you to apply for the actual visa there. The success rate is quite high this way, but not sure about americans.

Any other questions, either post here or e-mail me at editor@polosbastards.com

rickshaw92
      Participant

A few years ago I got both India and Pakistan in Istanbul, the hardest part was finding the Consulates! I also got both visas in Toronto with no problem last Sept.
      When going from Pakistan to India, plan to stay at the boarder for a few hours to watch the closing ceramoney, its quite a show :lol:

NGrubeck

My standard advice is getting in touch with Sireh tours http://www.sireh-agency.com who so far have managed to arrange an invitation for everyone I have recommended them to as well as 2 for myself. I think kramer used them recently even though he ended up not needing their invitation.

If you’re getting a visa before leaving you will.

TFC

the information is much appreciated. Kramer, as you are there currently I may get in touch with you further for any more detailed information, but thank you for this thus far.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.