Honduras declares emergency due to dengue

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Honduras declares emergency due to dengue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DrDave
      Participant

Dengue is a vile vile thing that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. I don’t know if I have mentioned it before but I HATE Honduran mosquitoes.

Wednesday 23rd June, 2010

Honduras declares emergency due to dengue
      IANS Wednesday 23rd June, 2010

Honduras has declared a state of national emergency due to proliferation of dengue, which has already caused 10 deaths and over 11,000 infections across the country.

An emergency cabinet meeting agreed to establish an inter-institutional commission, coordinated by the health secretariat, which will develop a plan to combat the epidemic, Prensa Latina reported.

The commission will work together with other agencies, like the Permanent Contingency Commission and the National System for Risk Management, to eliminate the breeding places of Aedes Aegypti, the mosquito which transmits dengue.

According to a report by the national health authorities, so far 10,780 cases of classic dengue and 461 of the haemorrhagic type have been registered in the country.

ROB
      Keymaster

Personal experience Dave?

DrDave
      Participant

Unfortunately yes. Projectalice kept coming in to check my vitals because I was down for the count and I’m never down for the count. It sucks.

RiverRat

Sorry to hear you’re down with the Devil’s Dengue, Doc.

Small village near our chacra, Nuevo Requena up on the Rio Aguaytia, has reported 38 cases since January. That’s alarming considering there are less than 200 people in that pueblo.

I’ll stick with the malaria, none to good, but not nearly as bad as the “Break Bone”

Get well soon, Doc

DrDave
      Participant

Thanks RiverRat but my bout with Dengue was a couple years ago. I wasn’t very clear about that in my post. It was significant enough of an experience to be as fresh in my memory as if it were yesterday though! As of now I’m alive and kicking bug free :)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.