help

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nick

yeh, I’ll delete it.. but, I think you can buy them at b&h… lol

…This message board is public…

I think what you mean is you’re obtaining a REAL, self-printed press pass.

That sounds better.

nick

well, I thought I would check up on the latest techniques…

Lee Ridley
      Keymaster

Don’t go getting us out of proportion and think that PBs has pursuading power.
      Not just yet, anyhow…

When I met up with the SPLA in March to get a permit to travel into S Sudan, I had to use a New Vision background, as PBs would have posed more questions than provide answers.

I’m happy to sanction and issue a genuine pass to you Nick. I just don’t think it’ll cut much ice. I mean, who are we… really?

8)

mikethehack
      Participant

Press cards are different the world over and no two look the same. I know lots of big shot staffers and freelancers that carry forgeries for any amount of reasons (one being the fact that press cards are routinely confiscated). A press card is barely above worthless in most cases because if the goon at the gate doesn’t feel like letting you in, then all the king’s horses and all the king’s men won’t make a damn bit of difference.

Now, if your press card turns out to be a forgery and they spot it, then you are in far worse trouble than if you simply started trying to push your way in and get into a bit of a scuffle. They will forgive you for that, but a forged press card could mean they will throw the book (and handcuffs) at you and the kicking you get will be the least frightening bit of the adventure you are about to be taken (in chains) on.

You will be labelled a spy, thief, saboteur or worse and treated with the utmost severity. Some cops hate journos and wannabee journos so much that they will go out of their way to take them down to the clink and give them the hiding of a lifetime, as well as the chance of an overlong stay in a tiny stinking room at her majesty’s pleasure.
      People end up in court in nice, safe democratic countries for this sort of thing all the time and some get unusual stretches for it. Think about what you will get in a DP.

You are sometimes better off trying to bribe your way through with a mixture of dollars, cigs, booze, toys and charm than risking being bust with a dodgy piece of paper. Use careful judgement and weight up the situation because these guys are bored and you could become their entertainment, that or they are strung out and looking to take it out on someone easy.

In most cases they won’t care and can’t be bothered checking and, as I said, almost everyone has one, but, remember the best piece of advice for all situations (Hi Mom) is ‘Do your homework’.

nick

thanks for the input, but I might now need the fake one because I might get a real one because I got my first paying gig!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.