Ghurkas

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Ghurkas

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      spamhog

Since I saw Ghukas mentioned in another post, thought I’d add my 2cents on the subject (BTW thanks Jefe for the email on Gen Pershing, I really enjoyed it!!!). Anyhow, Ghukas are kinda a favorite subject of mine, ever since I heard about them from a relative who fought along side of them in Burma during WW2 when a wee lad.

Anyhow, I know the Brits used them in IOraq lately, before that, they have been active in private security, once again several Brit companies have been employing them in one capacity or another for some rough jobs, one of the roughest is anti piracy control in SE asia, Seems that Ghuka “seamen” are being employed on freighters and even cruise ships for security, FYI most shipping companies do NOT want gun slinging aboard their craft too many international firearm rules to break and compromise, so they seek unarmed or “non lethal” defensive measures…yeah like a ghuka with a knife is non lethal…anyhow they are good at unarmed combat and particularly noted in and around the Moulacca straits where most of the worlds shipping passes and the highest recorded incidents of piracy occur.

Spamhog.

Jefe
      Participant

One buddy of mine has about 200 of them in Iraq and is really happy with their performance. The whole history of them is pretty interesting.

Maybe somebody with direct knowledge of it all will give us an article someday!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.