Ghurkas etc.

Home Forums Polo’s Rabble Ghurkas etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kurt
      Participant

That post on Ghurkas made me think of a converstation I had with a friend about ten years ago. He was getting his Masters in Anthropology and we were talking about Ghurkas, Andeman Islanders, and the Yanamamo Indians. We thought it would be fun if he were to write a book on a cultural study of the worlds badasses. We thought it would be interesting to work on and sell well.

I assume this would be a type of book people here would buy?

Any other nominees for Badasses of the world?

rickshaw92
      Participant

The Pathans

ROB
      Keymaster

How about the Mongh Tribe of Laos?

Have been fighting the communists since forever.

I guess the tribe of the Angles from the British Isles would have to be pretty close to the top of the list.

Jefe
      Participant

Spamhog; you ever see the ROKs Tiger BDE in Vietnam? Before my tiem but the vets told me that the VC/NVA were terrified of them.

spamhog

Yes I saw the dreaded ROK, The VC WERE terrified of them, they were fearless. even got two true ROK stories for ya. Saw a drunken ROK, locked out of his hootch by his buddies get mad and punch and kick a hole in the side of a quonset hut, shredded his hands good but he kept at it. ROKS caught a sneal theif in their compound, hung the guy upside down on a barb wire fence and used him for Tae kwon Do practice. Left what was left of him hanging there, stunk life hell but nobody dared take the corpse down.

Spamhog

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.